Discuss

last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Data Privacy Policies

• 1.  Data Privacy Policies

Posted Jun 27, 2016 12:18

Hello, We are designing our website to become a portal for education and will be asking users to create profiles. The information will then be stored in SalesForce. We will not be selling or distributing this information in any way outside of our agency. Could you share your data privacy policy with me as an example? You can also email it to me at jrothbart@jewishedproject.org if that's easier. 

Thank you in advance,

Jessica

------------------------------
    Jessica Rothbart
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Data Privacy Policies

Posted Jul 13, 2016 13:48

Hi Jessica, if you go to http://crsfportal.org/ and scroll to the bottom, you can click to view our privacy policy.  It is very generic and I think we had filled out a template -- also, this is a website directed at adults who are working with kids, but you can probably go to websites of organizations who have a similar program and see what their policies are for examples.  If not on the home page, it will likely be wherever you go to sign up but you should be able to access it without having to complete the sign up process.  (Although sometimes I find that helpful to get ideas for figuring how I want my forms/processes to work!)  Hope that helps!

If you have questions in the future about data, there is a Nonprofits and Data CoP (disclosure: I'm one of the co-organizers), and we'd love to see you over there, as well!

Janice Chan
    Program & Curriculum Development Manager
    Cal Ripken, Sr. Foundation
    Baltimore MD

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline