Discuss

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Research requests and Project Management

• 1.  Research requests and Project Management

Posted Aug 24, 2016 09:18

Hello all,

I am brand new to NTEN, so please forgive me if this is not the correct community for this question, but I thought I'd start here!

Our health system recently switched to Office 365 and in the coming months I will take on research responsibilities for additional institutions (I currently work for three hospitals and will be adding projects from a number of skilled nursing facilities as well).  I'm trying to establish a research request tool that everyone feels comfortable using and that I can integrate with a project management tool.  For example, I was hoping to have a fill-able request form on Sharepoint that would trigger a new card on Trello (though automate.io has yet to integrate Sharepoint). 

Our IT department would prefer we stay within the Office 365 environment, but I love how easy Trello and Mavenlink manage my work load and would hate to abandon the system I've built.  

Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions that have worked well for both project management and for non-tech-savvy people requesting research requests?  

I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Emily

------------------------------
    Emily Shubert Burke

Research Manager

Covenant Health Foundation

Office: (207) 907-3190

Email: Emily_Burke@covenanthealth.net
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Research requests and Project Management

Posted Feb 09, 2018 15:02
    Hi Emily

I am working on creating a similar workflow for formalizing requests. Did you figure out a solution for this? I also use Trello and we are a 365 office as well.

Thanks!!​

Lisa Rupple
    Communications Officer
    Community Foundation of Lorain County
    Elyria, OH

• 3.  RE: Research requests and Project Management

Posted Feb 14, 2018 07:38

Hi Lisa,

I actually worked with our company "SharePoint Team" to build a fill-able form and tracking page.  Our It department asked us to move away from using Trello or anything outside the O3656 suite of products.  It works well for my purposes and has made keeping track of my metrics really easy this year which is a bonus!  Let me know if you're interested in seeing our set-up and I can send you some screenshots or we can talk through the details if that is helpful too.

Best wishes,

Emily

Emily Burke
    Research Manager
    Covenant Health

• 4.  RE: Research requests and Project Management

Posted Feb 15, 2018 09:33
    Our office IT staff is trying to get us off of Basecamp and only use O365 products.  I know I would like to see the form that you developped.

Thanks,
    Jenn

Jennifer Krueger
    Project Coordinator
    United Methodist Women
    New York, NY

• 5.  RE: Research requests and Project Management

Posted Feb 15, 2018 07:16
    I would resist being stuck with Office 365. We use it, but it's my least favorite tool in general.

Does Trello integrate with google forms? You could build a google form for that.

Taj

Taj Carson
    CEO
    Inciter, Inc
    Baltimore, MD

• 6.  RE: Research requests and Project Management

Posted Feb 20, 2018 14:56
    We recently had a Project Management discussion in the Tech Decision Makers community.

I hope this helps

Take care and see you at #18NTC. ,

Robert ​

Robert Mendoza
    Director of Data & Technology
    SACNAS
    Santa Cruz, CA