Discuss

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Discuss: AI: Snake Oil or Powerful Tool for Nonprofits?

• 1.  Discuss: AI: Snake Oil or Powerful Tool for Nonprofits?

Posted Jul 01, 2019 13:49
    Hey NTENers
    Lets talk Artificial Intelligence (AI) and nonprofits. The nonprofit world is finally seeing more Artificial Intelligence (AI) products specifically catered to fundraising, advocacy, and more. Can nonprofits change hearts and minds in the advocacy and political arenas by adding AI tools to their online organizing toolbox? Or is AI just another form of nonprofit snake oil with no real impact? Spoiler: If you use it right, it can be a powerful tool to enhance your fundraising and advocacy. 

Here's a great resource of how AI can be leveraged at your nonprofit. It highlights specific tools and ideas you can test to increase conversions as well as how AI can be used in your field programs. Really great case study from Rainforest Connection too. 

Who else is using AI on the NTEN list at their nonprofit? I'd love to hear about how your org is using it.

I also think it's worth discussing that while AI has huge potential for nonprofits to scale their impact, it's important that we also discuss the ethical challenges AI brings to our community. I'm writing about that now and will share it here with folks to weigh in on. 

Cheers,
    Allyson

--
    Allyson Kapin
    Partner, Rad Campaign
    Tech Accelerate