Discuss

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Peer to Peer vendor contracts

• 1.  Peer to Peer vendor contracts

Posted 28 days ago
    Hi -

We are ready to engage a peer-to-peer vendor (QGiv) for a one time small scale bike ride (time frame is 6 months). There is no official "contract" to sign; merely an application and terms of service agreement.  We've checked references and had great feedback but as we present this to management, we're looking to see if this is a standard practice for this type of short term event.

Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Benita Marcus
    Director, Campaign Operations
    The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington

• 2.  RE: Peer to Peer vendor contracts

Posted 27 days ago
    Hi Benita,

I work for Qgiv and hope it's okay I respond. 😊 I often hear about organizations being locked in contracts and being very unhappy about it. Our approach is to give you the freedom to use a plan that has more features-like peer-to-peer fundraising-when you need it, and then move to a lower-priced (or free! the Start Plan has no monthly fees), year-round giving plan when you don't need a certain feature anymore. There's no reason to pay for something you're not using.

I'm sure others can provide more insight. I hope you find the answers you're looking for! If you have any questions our team can help with, don't hesitate to reach out.

Happy fundraising!

Sarah Sebastian
    Director of Brand Communications
    Qgiv, Inc.
    Lakeland, FL

• 3.  RE: Peer to Peer vendor contracts

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi Benita,

QGiv is one of several that don't look your org into annual contracts.  The QGiv team is great to work with as well.
    The guide we put out a few months ago discusses general contract and pricing terms in one of the sections.
    Check it out:  The Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Technology Landscape | Cathexis Partners
    Cathexis Partners remove preview
    The Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Technology Landscape | Cathexis Partners
    Never have there been as many software platforms for peer-to-peer fundraising as there are today. So, how do you find the right one for your nonprofit?
    View this on Cathexis Partners >

Mark Becker
    Founding Partner
    Cathexis Partners
    Celebration, FL

• 4.  RE: Peer to Peer vendor contracts

Posted 22 days ago
    Hi All -

I work for Give Lively and we have a free peer-to-peer platform that doesn't require any contract. We're a philanthropist funded tech company, so all our technology is available to nonprofits for free-and we don't take a cut of the donations.

Free Peer-to-Peer Fundraising for Nonprofits | Give Lively

Your nonprofit is welcome to sign up on our website and try out the P2P function. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
    Molly

Molly Trerotola
    Media & Communications Manager
    Give Lively
    New York, NY