Discuss

last person joined: 9 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Survey about open source software

• 1.  Survey about open source software

Posted Oct 04, 2019 14:00
    Hi all-

GitHub and the Case Foundation are trying to better understand how the social sector engages with technology, and in particular open source software. NTEN is not involved in the research, but I offered to share the link here. Even though we aren't a partner on the research, we are very interested to see the results. You do not need to be "an IT staff person" to respond to the survey.

Here's the survey link: 
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JRY5HWN?organization_name=nten

I'm only the messenger there so not able to answer any questions folks may have (but if you post them here, I'm happy to ask the team at Case to respond).

a

------------------------------
    Amy Sample Ward (pronouns: she/her)
    CEO
    Portland, OR
    amy@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Survey about open source software

Posted Oct 05, 2019 01:02
    Thanks Amy. Is this something they'd like help with distributing beyond the NTEN community?

Karen Borchgrevink

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline