Discuss

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Chatbots

• 1.  Chatbots

Posted Oct 17, 2018 14:50
    Hey everyone,

I am looking to add a chatbot to our current website and I was wondering if anyone has done it and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences. I have read a lot about FB messenger bots, but not much info out there for website ones.

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Zané Mullins
    Technology Manager
    Glen Allen, VA

• 2.  RE: Chatbots

Posted Oct 18, 2018 12:35
    Edited by Andrew Goldsworthy Oct 18, 2018 12:36
    ManyChat is a great solution.  It does run inside of FB Messenger, but can be integrated into your site, so when the chat starts it opens in the messenger interface.

A few things I like about it:

1) It's free up to 500 subscribers
    2) It's super easy to create automations, broadcasts and it even has a live chat console if you want to interface with users live for support or anything that a bot can't handle.  The automations are extremely easy to build with no programming needed so it's easy and cost effective to implement.
    3) Once a user is subscribed to your bot, you can roll in Facebook advertising opportunities really easily.
    4) 1 Billion people already have an account on Facebook, so the user base is very established and familiar with the technology. Therefore, user adoption will be high.

Andrew Goldsworthy
    Co-Founder
    Rootid
    El Cerrito, CA

• 3.  RE: Chatbots

Posted Oct 21, 2018 13:54
    Hi,
    I know there are many out there, but one of our researchers wrote up a nice review of Many Chat *(affordable option). This is not an endorsement but just information :-)

ManyChat: The Affordable Chatbot
    AMT Lab @ CMU remove preview
    ManyChat: The Affordable Chatbot
    Messenger marketing is predicted to become the world's largest marketing channel in the next five to seven years. In 2017, many small businesses and global brands have set up Facebook Messenger's chatbots. According to "Bot Services Market 2018 Comprehensive Research Study" the bot services market will reach $1.8 billion by 2023.
    View this on AMT Lab @ CMU >

Brett Crawford
    Executive Director/Assistant Teaching Professor
    Arts Management and Technology Lab/Carnegie Mellon University
    Pittsburgh, PA