Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Can I get your insight?

• 1.  Can I get your insight?

Posted Feb 20, 2020 13:40
    Hey NTENers
    A few nights ago, a woman from the Women Who Tech community wrote to me that she was fired because her boss told her she was "incapable of her job because she was a woman." It's awful and I know she's not alone.

For the past couple of months, Women Who Tech, the nonprofit that we incubate inside of our web agency, Rad Campaign, has been working with a research firm, to develop an anonymous survey to help us learn more about your experiences working in tech and compare them to others in these sectors. I want to be sure we're including folks who work in nptech too - including several of you. The survey is open to all genders.

I'd be so grateful if you would participate in this survey. The information you share with us will help us get a better understanding of our community's experiences. Out of this research, we will share the anonymous data publicly to continue to address important issues that come up in our study.

Your responses will be kept strictly confidential, no identifying information will appear or be collected in the survey results. All answers provided will only be reported in the aggregate.

Thanks for all of your help!

Cheers,
    Allyson

--
    Allyson Kapin
    Partner, Rad Campaign
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Can I get your insight?

Posted Feb 21, 2020 13:58
    This sounds like a great project! Should we be sharing this survey in our networks or do you prefer to be more in control of its dissemination?
    --
    Lisa Jervis
    Principal
    Information Ecology: Strategic technology for progressive organizations
    https://iecology.org/

My pronouns are she/her.
    I am in the Pacific time zone.

Want to send me encrypted email? Use our form at https://iecology.org/contact/ or get my public key from https://ecl.gy/lj-gpg.

• 3.  RE: Can I get your insight?

Posted Feb 21, 2020 14:18
    Hi
    Yes please share the survey. That would be so helpful.

Cheers,
    Allyson

------------------------------
    Allyson Kapin
    Founding Partner
    Washington, DC
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Can I get your insight?

Posted Feb 21, 2020 14:50
    Edited by Carolyn Woodard Feb 21, 2020 14:52