Discuss

last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Software research with Github and Case Foundation

• 1.  Software research with Github and Case Foundation

Posted Oct 15, 2019 14:11
    Hi all-

(I'm just the messenger here!)

GitHub and the Case Foundation are looking to interview nonprofit staff as well as technology consultants working with nonprofits for a research project to understand how nonprofits are engaging with technology. Do make decisions about which tools and products your organization will use? Do you implement new solutions at your organization? Do you advise nonprofits through those decisions? Your experience will help this research and we will all benefit from learning from it!

If you are interested in contributing (through a couple emails or a single phone interview), you can email Gina Assaf at ossforsocialsector@gmail.com

I hope lots of folks will share their experiences!
    a

------------------------------
    Amy Sample Ward (pronouns: she/her)
    CEO
    Portland, OR
    amy@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Software research with Github and Case Foundation

Posted Oct 16, 2019 11:46
    Hello Gina:

One of three full-time IT​ folk out of a staff of ten (which I find a bit astounding), I'm often sliding from desk-side support to researching "the next big thing" in website or communications tech. While I take Window$ with a hefty grain of salt, I also believe that the right tool for the job shouldn't be defined by it's label.

If I can be of service in your work, please count me in.

In grateful service,

DJ Brown
    aka: Korax Group
    Houston, TX

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline