Discuss

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Adopting Higher Logic

• 1.  Adopting Higher Logic

Posted Jul 03, 2019 17:22
    ​I'm not sure if this is the right community to post to but half way through our integration phase of adopting Higher Logic I was assigned to lead the project. So I've missed the first half and I'm trying to catch up. We wont be ready to launch/go live until late August, but I've heard from other associations that they find member adoption is very slow even a year after launching.

I am trying to find some guidance on some models that have worked with a successful launch. How much marketing done pre-launch? What kind of communications were done upon launching? How do you keep the members from coming back?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Tiffany Ruvalcaba
    Associate Director of eLearning
    California Primary Care Association
    Sacramento, CA
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Adopting Higher Logic

Posted Jul 05, 2019 10:09
    Hi Tiffany,

I thought I would jump in and share a few thoughts with you here. I see you already have a member login on your website. One of the keys to integrating with Higher Logic (or any similar system) is to create a single sign-on (SSO) between your current member login and higher logic. If you require your members to log in twice and maintain two separate accounts, you are hindering the adoption of this new system.

Ensure the content you have with Higher Logic brings adequate value. If your members find value in the content, they will continue to use it.

You have the conference coming up in October. Although that is months away, it is a great opportunity to introduce the new resource to your members. Having a short presentation to a captive audience and/or a small booth or info table promoting int to build up some hype for it as well.

I hope this helps!
    Good luck
    ~Matt

Matt Koeppel
    Principal
    Ocreative
    Hartland, WI
    www.ocreativemarketing.com

Tech Accelerate