Discuss

last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

on-boarding and off-boarding staff with technology

• 1.  on-boarding and off-boarding staff with technology

Posted Jul 26, 2019 09:13
    I am looking for any pieces of information, forms,  documents or procedures you are willing to share about on-boarding of new staff and what you do when the staff leaves.

For  instance we want the staff name, nickname, job, and special programs 5 working days before the starts. The day they start we do some basic training with Outlook, OneDrive, their server permissions, and our database etc.

I am wanting to update and modernize what we do. When I am finished I will share with the group.

TIA

------------------------------
    Ellery July
    Saint Paul, MN
    ------------------------------
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: on-boarding and off-boarding staff with technology

Posted Jul 27, 2019 13:35
    We use BambooHR Onboarding and Offboarding checklists, that implement our specific processes.  

A great resource is the tech company Gitlab, who's HR Handbook is available online: https://about.gitlab.com/handbook/general-onboarding/

Bob

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline