Discuss

last person joined: 11 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

recommended knowledge management consultants?

• 1.  recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 26, 2019 12:33
    Hi NTEN community,

Our organization is looking for a knowledge management consultant to help untangle a morass of Dropbox, Salesforce and Google Suite files, and help us institute a better culture of sharing knowledge. We're a pretty distributed team -- 27 people in 9 offices -- and have about 15 years of legacy data/files/knowledge that needs cleanup. I attended the excellent Strategic Knowledge Management: Don't Stop at Halfway session at this year's NTC, and we're now ready to implement some of those types of recommendations and practices. Let me know if there are questions and thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Collin Dunn
    Resource Media
    Portland, OR
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 27, 2019 20:22
    Hey Collin,

Sounds like you simply need to centralize your documents into a single cloud-based document software with automated folder and filename building and integrates with Salesforce.

Is a "knowledge management consultant" a requirement or are you open to any "type" of consultant that can help provide a solution?

K. Howard Enterprise Solutions LLC
    Kyle O'Donnell
    President
    973-866-7366
    kyle@khesolutions.com
    www.ademero.com

• 3.  RE: recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 29, 2019 12:03
    Hi Kyle,

No, "knowledge management consultant" isn't a requirement, necessarily, but I should mention that we feel like the integrating the practice of knowledge management -- onboarding and offboarding, trainings to keep staff up to speed, building a culture that supports regular use of that practice -- is part of our ultimate goal. We know we'd like to upgrade our systems, but recognize that with a distributed staff, we need a practice that everyone can use and engage with no matter where they are in the country or on the org chart.

I'm just the messenger here -- our Operations team is handling the vendor selection and engagement -- but I'll be happy to throw your hat in the ring if you'd like it to be there. Thanks!

Collin Dunn
    Resource Media
    Beaverton, OR

• 4.  RE: recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 30, 2019 07:44
    Collin,

Yes please add my hat to the ring if possible. I am independent and currently provide Ademero software. Centralized document management with automated folder and filename building plus approval processes and digital signatures, electronic forms and reporting via SQL database all within a single app.

I am curious to learn more about how we fair competitively with "knowledge management" as I see this topic more often recently.

Thanks,
    Kyle

K. Howard Enterprise Solutions LLC
    Kyle O'Donnell
    President
    973-866-7366
    kyle@khesolutions.com
    www.ademero.com

• 5.  RE: recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 30, 2019 10:28
    If you'll accept a self-nomination, I do this work. My company, Nimbus Nonprofit Solutions is a consulting agency that helps nonprofits with data strategy and governance, including projects that address the challenges your team faces: legacy data remediation, roadmap development, and change management and adoption.

While your organization has a terrific head start with a good awareness of Knowledge Management, strong communications will be key to the success of this project. Setting and conveying KM roles and accountabilities, gaining consensus on the legacy data cleanup, and sharing a vision of a working future state that all stakeholders will enthusiastically sustain over time is critical.

Good to see that you're using G Suite, there are some exciting enhancements coming to production soon that will greatly enable knowledge sharing, including new developments coming out of Google's partnership with Salesforce.

I'd be happy to speak further with your selection team, please share my contact information!

Matt Veltkamp
    Nimbus Nonprofit Solutions
    Washington, DC
    mveltkamp@nimbusnonprofit.com

• 6.  RE: recommended knowledge management consultants?

Posted Jul 30, 2019 12:04
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to add your name to the list.

Cheers,

Collin

Collin Dunn
    Resource Media
    Beaverton, OR