Discuss

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Business Process Review Project Recommendations

• 1.  Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 12, 2018 18:51
    I just published an RFP for our upcoming Business Process Review Project on NTEN's Job Board, but was curious if anyone here has recommendations on specific consultants or firms I might want to reach out to directly.

Here's a bit more context on our specific project: NTEN is seeking the services of a technology consult/consulting firm to help review and optimize our CRM-related business processes (both those currently CRM-related and those that could/should be handled by the CRM) in preparation for moving from netFORUM Enterprise to a Salesforce-backed AMS.

Thanks!

Karl

------------------------------
    Karl Hedstrom (pronouns: he/him)
    IT Director, NTEN
    206-219-9191
    karl@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg @khedstrom

• 2.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 12, 2018 19:21
    Hey Karl,

I'd be happy to discuss with you! 

We are a digital agency - and for about a third of our clients we are helping them with similar types of projects: improving their processes with a new CRM and related approaches for supporting improved communications and connections with staff, volunteers, clients and supporters. 

Would love to learn more about your needs and see if we might be a fit. Let me know if you'd like to chat.

Have a great weekend!

All the best,

Cassie
    --
    Cassie Dennis
    Director | Monday Loves You
    Office: 312-973-1112
    Mobile: 650-773-7680

We rebranded: here's why. 

• 3.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 13, 2018 13:50

Karl,

Delcor does this and they have been successful with many clients in the association world.  

We used them long ago and will use them again when the need arises.

Delcor.com

877-433-5267

Beth Camero

Technology Manager

Quality Care Health Foundation

California Association of Health Facilities

916-441-6400 x 5183

bcamero@cahf.org

• 4.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 13, 2018 19:25
    Hi Karl,

Business processes are typically more document-centric than data-centric. The non-profit field seems to force feed CRM as not only their data management solution but also their document management solution which I do not understand why.

Moving to SalesForce is a good move as they offer top of the line CRM but if this RFP reveals several document-centric process improvements I would recommend that you consider investigating a document management software (DMS). DMS is not a replacement of SalesForce but instead a compliment that offers many more document-centric features at a much less cost.

Not sure how much you are paying for SalesForce but their Enterprise version of Lightning is very expensive at $1,800 per user per year which adds up if you are including document management business processes within the platform requiring licenses for almost all employees of NTEN.

To give you an idea for pricing comparison, the DMS I provide is $420 per user per year or we offer concurrent licenses (like musical chairs) at $840 per seat per year with unlimited users.

There are many DMS providers out there other than myself so I am not attempting to "sell you". Just wanted to point this concept out to you based upon "#9 Budget"​ within your RFP where you are open to adjusting your CRM cost of design if it makes business sense. By going with a DMS and a CRM you may not be required to purchase as many licenses for SalesForce and use the extra money elsewhere.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck either way.

K. Howard Enterprise Solutions LLC
    Kyle O'Donnell
    President
    973-866-7366
    kyle@khesolutions.com
    www.ademero.com

• 5.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 14, 2018 09:40
    Hi Karl,

Glad you posted this here, the job board doesn't get a lot of RFPs. My firm does process assessment as part of a CRM-selection process, and we'd be glad to participate in the process.

Isaac Shalev
    http://www.sage70.com
    Stamford CT
    @Sage70
    isaac@sage70.com

• 6.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 15, 2018 10:51
    The Association of Consultants to Nonprofits may be able to help you get more RFP responses to consider.

You can submit your RFP for free here and it will be sent to their membership:
    https://www.acnconsult.org/submit-an-rfp

Those of you following this post may also appreciate this paper on the ACN site:
    A NonProfit's Guide to Hiring & Engaging Consultants

Best of luck!

Jason Eliason
    www.it4npos.org
    Chicago

• 7.  RE: Business Process Review Project Recommendations

Posted Oct 15, 2018 16:44
    I really appreciate all the replies here. Thanks!

Karl Hedstrom (pronouns: he/him)
    IT Director, NTEN
    206-219-9191
    karl@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg @khedstrom