Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

• 1.  Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Feb 14, 2020 13:25
    Hi All - I'm helping one of my clients procure a new IT managed service provider. I tried searching the forums to see if this question has been asked before, but I haven't come up with anything that was particularly helpful. We would love to get some recommendations of MSPs that you all are using (or if you are an MSP, we would love to hear more about your services).

Here's a high-level description we are sharing with potential respondents:

Our client has employees working on the East and West Coasts; helpdesk coverage that covers, at a minimum, normal hours of business for both EST and PST is required. However, 24/7 coverage is greatly desired. Our client has 30 workstations (Windows and Mac) and multiple data storage capabilities, both on-premise and off-.

In addition, our client maintains satellite offices in several countries in Central America, sub-Saharan Africa, and Central Asia. While MSP support for these international sites is not within the scope of their RFP, experience serving clients with an international presence is greatly desired. 

Our client desires an MSP committed to customer service, technical excellence, and transparent invoicing practices. Our client's annual budget is $10M + and their proposal evaluation criteria include value, price, and current customer references.

The RFP will be published on March 2, 2020 and our client hopes to begin work with their new MSP on May 1, 2020.

If we are successful in gathering a decent enough list, we will publish it out to the wider audience for future reference. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

------------------------------
    Alex Tuck
    Managing Principal
    Tuck Consulting Group, LLC
    alex@tuckconsultinggroup.com
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Feb 14, 2020 14:00
    Hi Alex -- My organization uses Leapfrog I.T. Services, located in Atlanta, GA. They have numerous non-profit clients of various sizes, located throughout the U.S. (Double-check with them, but I don't believe Leapfrog has an international presence.) URL: https://leapfrogservices.com/

Good luck with this search!

Chris O'Connor
    Director of Information Technology
    Atlanta, GA

• 3.  RE: Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Feb 14, 2020 14:04
    Terrific. Thanks a ton, Chris! We'll be sure to reach out to them to see if they would like to participate.

Alex Tuck
    Managing Principal
    Underhill, VT

• 4.  RE: Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Mar 02, 2020 08:10
    Alex,

My company, RoundTable Technology, would love to have an opportunity to review and submit a proposal for this RFP, if you think we would be a reasonable fit.

We are based on east coast, but serve multiple clients with west coast offices and also several clients with international presence.

Best,

-JP

Joshua Peskay
    VP of Technology Strategy
    RoundTable Technology
    joshua@roundtabletechnology.com
    www.roundtabletechnology.com

• 5.  RE: Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Mar 03, 2020 09:11
    Hi Alex,

I would be happy to submit a response to the RFP.  My company ECHO Technology Solutions is a Managed Service Provider located in San Francisco and Europe.   We support some of our clients on the West & East coast and can work with our partners to cover areas that require onsite support where we are not located.   I look forward to the opportunity.

Best,
    Randy

Randy Hyshiver
    Consulting Partner
    San Francisco, CA

• 6.  RE: Recommended IT Managed Service Providers

Posted Mar 04, 2020 09:48

Randy - You can view the RFP on this Other Thread. Thanks for your interest in responding!

Alex

Alex Tuck
    Managing Principal
    Underhill, VT