Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Seeking tech translator for Salesforce integration with phone system API

• 1.  Seeking tech translator for Salesforce integration with phone system API

Posted Jan 15, 2020 13:24
    Hello! We have a tech translation problem that I'm hoping to find someone to help us with.

Background/context: We use Salesforce with an app called NGO Connect which handles all of the membership details. Our customer service team uses Salesforce Service Cloud and we have a phone system (New Voice Media) tied to that for phone pop and call tracking. NVM has a partner called PCI Pal which integrates with their system in order to do call recording and PCI compliant credit card handling.

Problem: PCI Pal is saying "here's our API info" and you can use it where you want in your system. They cannot guide us on where (or how) in Salesforce this piece should function. We have web dev staff who do APIs but they don't know Salesforce nor NVM/PCI Pal. I'm an admin but don't have API experience. I have some ideas on how this should function--utilizing a Flow--but not sure how to make this happen or if this is actually a solution.

If any of this makes sense to you and you can offer some advice, I'd really appreciate it. We are not opposed to using a third-party to build this for us, but not even sure what we would ask them to do. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Julie Arnzen
    CRM Administrator & Business Analyst
    OPB - Oregon Public Broadcasting
    Portland, OR
    jarnzen@opb.org
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Seeking tech translator for Salesforce integration with phone system API

Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:37
    Edited by Dar Veverka Jan 16, 2020 13:13
    You could always toss the question out onto the global Salesforce Slack workspace and see if someone can help. It's a very active workspace and folks are very helpful. There's a channel specifically for integration q's but could try it in Adminhelp too. We've had things answered in minutes that got no replies on the Trailblazer community. Workspace signup is here:
    https://mrockssf.site/2ooiWPo

Dar Veverka
    Director of Information Technology
    Urban Teachers
    Baltimore, MD

• 3.  RE: Seeking tech translator for Salesforce integration with phone system API

Posted Jan 16, 2020 11:36
    Thank you, Dar! I will check into that.

Julie Arnzen
    CRM Administrator & Business Analyst
    OPB - Oregon Public Broadcasting
    Portland, OR
    jarnzen@opb.org

• 4.  RE: Seeking tech translator for Salesforce integration with phone system API

Posted Jan 16, 2020 17:02
    Edited by Isaac Shalev Jan 16, 2020 17:02
    Hi Julie,

Yes! Some of this makes sense! PCI Pal should be integrated with your payment gateway. PCI Pal doesn't actually process payments, it just captures the payment information securely and brings it to your processor. The rest of the integration with SF should already be delivered in the NVM product. Moreover, integrating with your payment processor is something NVM should help you with, and probably asking PCI Pal may have caused confusion here, I don't think they understood your question/use case.

Feel free to ping me directly for clarification, but I think you ran into a tech-to-English problem. It sounds like PCI Pal was answering the questions "how do I, as a service provide like NVM, configure PCI Pal so my customers can use it?" You're asking "How do I, as an NVM client, set up PIC Pal so I can start taking phone payments?" That's why you got the answer you got. The answer you should get is about providing credentials to connect to your payment processor.

https://www.calendly.com/sage70/30min is a good way to set up a time to chat.

Isaac Shalev
    http://www.sage70.com
    Stamford CT
    @Sage70
    isaac@sage70.com