Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Google Analytcis - Creating Dashboards & Weekly/Monthly Reports

• 1.  Google Analytcis - Creating Dashboards & Weekly/Monthly Reports

Posted Feb 18, 2020 11:38

Hello everyone,

I am working on creating Dashboards and Weekly/Monthly Reports in Google Analytics.

I am trying to adapt existing templates from Crowdsource Google Analytics Insights, instead of trying to build from scratch.

Have you used any of these templates? Which ones are your favorites for dashboard, and reports?

I am looking for high level stats like Unique Pageviews, Unique Visitors, Bounce Rate, Top Pages, Demographics, Devices, Referring Sites, Top Search Terms, etc.

Thank you!

Roshani

------------------------------
    Roshani Kothari
    Technology & Digital Operations Director
    Plastic Pollution Coalition
    Washington, DC
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Google Analytcis - Creating Dashboards & Weekly/Monthly Reports

Posted Feb 19, 2020 09:52
    Hi Roshani,

I used these templates long ago to create some custom reports but renamed and customized them to my own needs. Everyone's traffic and website is different, so I found the Gallery dashboards and segments most useful as a learning opportunity to see how people customized GA, and then I followed their lead. I do remember that Avinash Kaushik's suggestions were useful.

On a side note, I also got out of the habit of using Google Analytics dashboards because they were hard to customize, compare timeframes, and share. Then along came Google Data Studio which is much more powerful and easier to share among colleagues. Depending on what you are trying to do, I actually recommend using Data Studio first.

Thanks,
    Stephen

Stephen Gaede
    Digital Analyst
    Baltimore, MD

picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard