Discuss

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Engaging with Alumni Online

• 1.  Engaging with Alumni Online

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi!

My organization (New Leaders) is looking to build our Alumni program for people who have received our professional development programming. We are looking to connect with other non-profits who have experience either building Alumni communities online (an Alumni portal?) wither successfully or not.

Thanks in advance for your responses!!
    -Emily
    Director of Learning Systems, New Leaders

------------------------------
    Emily Hicks-Rotella
    New York, NY

• 2.  RE: Engaging with Alumni Online

Posted 20 days ago
    Thanks for posting this, Emily. I'm hoping this community can feed us some great ideas. I am working with alumni of our hospital's intern/residency program, ultimately cultivating increased philanthropy. We are building up pages on our website, but I would love to hear more from others. Thank you all in advance!

Cindy Wright
    Nonprofit marcom pro
    Massachusetts

• 3.  RE: Engaging with Alumni Online

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi there,

The organization I previously worked for had started using Graduway (https://graduway.com/). Another team managed it, so I don't have a lot of feedback, but it was easy for alumni to login with their LinkedIn accounts (which helped us collect information). They could share job postings, we could create events.

Might be worth a look to see if it matches with what you think your alumni community is looking for.

Heather

Heather Jewell
    Manager, Fund Development Capacity Building
    YMCA Canada
    Toronto, ON

• 4.  RE: Engaging with Alumni Online

Posted 20 days ago
    Hi Emily - A close colleague of mine has recently developed and launched a membership/community portal for an Alumni organization, sounds like it might be very close to what you're looking for:

Timber is a flexible solution for member management and engagement that adapts to your workflows and grows with your organization.

Join the closed beta program and receive a permanent subscription discount - and the opportunity to connect with the founder to help develop features that work for your needs:

https://timberapp.co

My understanding is that the licensing costs are nominal, particularly in the beta program.  Hope this helps!

Matt

Matt Veltkamp
    Nimbus Nonprofit Solutions
    Washington, DC
    mveltkamp@nimbusnonprofit.com