Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Donation Form: Single Page or Modal Wizard

• 1.  Donation Form: Single Page or Modal Wizard

Posted Aug 22, 2017 22:25
    Hey Folks,

Need some advice.  Normally this would be no brainer for me....I am a full page donation form all the way. But we build a donation widget that is a wizard on our website that is actually pretty nice.

So I am looking for an excuse not to pay my developer to do both a Donation widget AND a full page donation form.  The compromise is to put the wizard into a modal box that pops up over the campaign page.

Should I suck it up and have my develop make a widget and a full page donation form OR should I go with a modal box on the campaign page to save development dollars.  Are wizards a bad deal?  Will doing a modal box hurt my donations?

Need some thoughts....any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

------------------------------
    Rick Dunetz
    Primary Contact
    The Side-Out Foundation
    Fairfax, VA
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Donation Form: Single Page or Modal Wizard

Posted Aug 23, 2017 07:26
    Rick-

This seems like a perfect opportunity to build both versions and run an experiment to see which donation form performs better. More donations from a higher converting form should trump any personal preference or bias!

Good luck!

Dan Quirk
    Marketing Manager
    Salsa Labs
    Bethesda, MD

• 3.  RE: Donation Form: Single Page or Modal Wizard

Posted Aug 23, 2017 16:42
    Hi Rick,

I agree with Dan. If you can consider the investment in your developer as an investment in testing (with long-term implications), go for it!

Rachel Clemens
    Chief Marketing Officer
    TradeMark Media
    trademarkmedia.com
    Austin TX