Discuss

last person joined: 11 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

AdoptOpenJDK is not TCK compliant at the moment, is it a problem?

• 1.  AdoptOpenJDK is not TCK compliant at the moment, is it a problem?

Posted Aug 27, 2019 18:47
    Edited by Smith Clarkson Aug 29, 2019 09:54
    is it ?  9Apps VidMate.vin Apk9apps.com

------------------------------
    Smith Clarkson
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: AdoptOpenJDK is not TCK compliant at the moment, is it a problem?

Posted Sep 22, 2019 08:47
    This may or may not change once Shenandoah is no longer experimental -- I am really not at the level that makes such decisions, and I must emphasize that I speak only for myself. However, Oracle has a relatively high bar with respect to publishing binaries. As a general rule, Oracle is reluctant to publish JDK software (as opposed to source-code) that is not supported by Oracle engineers, and Shenandoah isn't, because Oracle wants its developers to focis on ZGC. So, for example, Oracle also doesn't currently publish OpenJDK binaries for AArch64, even though that port is supported by non-Oracle OpenJDK contributors. I don't know if that should be the bar for the JDK software Oracle publishes -- I guess reasonable arguments could be made either way -- but that's what it is (as a general rule).

Barry allen

• 3.  RE: AdoptOpenJDK is not TCK compliant at the moment, is it a problem?

Posted Oct 10, 2019 08:45
    i hope the my answer was helpful ! shareit  https://get-vidmateapk.com

Barry allen