Discuss

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Internal Professional Development Program Calendar/Management Solution

• 1.  Internal Professional Development Program Calendar/Management Solution

Posted Jan 23, 2019 01:32
    My organization is launching an internal professional development initiative and we're looking for an online calendaring and event management solution (for lack of a better description). We're a SharePoint and Office 365 shop so integration there would be great (and may be the path of least resistance). Desired requirements (with 1-3 being fairly non-negotiable):

1. Public calendar where people can see events. Ideally we could categorize the events (color, tags) based on the type of offering.
    2. Ability to sign up from the calendar post and receive an Outlook calendar appointment.
    3. Ability for program manager to track who has signed up. I'd love to feed this data into a Power BI dashboard of some sort for managers.
    4. Ability to send surveys/feedback requests to attendees of events (also doable if we're able to extract a list as in 3).
    5. Ability to attach documents or include links to SharePoint docs in the event listing.

We've explored a number of learning management systems as we also hoping to build out an internal training program in the future, but all were either too robust or not very user friendly.

The SharePoint Event Manager app seemed promising, but left much to be desired and doesn't appear customizable. The developer's website is also "under construction."

I'm currently focusing on the SharePoint | sapiens Event Management app. Has anyone used?

Any other suggestions appreciated and welcome!

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Lauren Abrahams
    Chief Information Officer
    Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles
    Los Angeles, CA
    ------------------------------