Discuss

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

International Calling - Middle East

• 1.  International Calling - Middle East

Posted 20 days ago
    I'm looking for advise or feedback on how others handle cell phone coverage for staff traveling to Middle East.   I have a small number of org staff who travel to the Middle East on a regular basis.   However, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE, and Bahrain all have separate cell providers run by the government.   Verizon has some calling options but is very expensive and doesn't provide adequate coverage or data.    Some countries block the use of IP calling services like WhatsApp or FaceTime.   We have had success with Microsoft Teams when the user calls back to our HQ.  We don't have Teams calling enabled yet but is something we are considering.   I would appreciate any feedback on anyone using Teams calling for international calling or any other solutions you have found to be successful.

------------------------------
    Tom Robey
    ------------------------------