Discuss

last person joined: one year ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

• 1.  Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

Posted 26 days ago
    Edited by Matt Wagner 26 days ago

Hi there,

This might be a long shot but does anyone have a workaround for installing Convio Common Ground Mail Merge Utility to properly generate Thank You cards in Salesforce? We use LCRM/Luminate Online with Salesforce. Recently, we found that my desktop is the only desktop in our entire organization that has the utility and it properly works. My boss has been on call with Blackbaud Support for months with no anvil to get it install and function properly. Blackbaud has said it is something on their end and has yet to fix it. I am about to lose this computer (it's the oldest computer in the building now) so we need a workaround. Any suggestions that might work?

Many Thanks,
    Matt

------------------------------
    Matt Wagner
    Burke, VA
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

Posted 25 days ago
    Hi Matt - I believe our development folks threw our hands up at the same situation eventually and went back to basics. They export reports from LCRM for unacknowledged gifts and then run them through an offline mail merge in Word. I hope that's helpful!

Sachin Doshi
    Director of Finance and Operations
    Alexandria, VA

• 3.  RE: Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

Posted 25 days ago

Hi Sachin,

If anyone in your department is willing to make a case with Blackbaud, that would be great. Right now, we are the only organization with this issue which means we are on the lower on the issue. We might have to go the way you just suggested but sadly, we have 50+ acknowledgment letters (no tax language, signed by etc).

It is great to know it's not us!

Matt

Matt Wagner
    Burke, VA

• 4.  RE: Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

Posted 24 days ago

Hi, Matt - Since Common Ground was shut down several years ago, it is not possible. Per the Blackbaud product manager, the Mail Merge utility in Luminate CRM is no longer supported because Salesforce ended support for the Microsoft Word Add-On in Feb 2019. 

https://webfiles.blackbaud.com/files/support/helpfiles/luminate-releasenotes/Luminate_CRM/Known_Issues.htm#Mail

The recommendation is to utilize Extended Mail Merge in Salesforce or a 3rd party app such as Conga Composer.

Kathryn

Kathryn Hall
    Sr. Product Marketing Manager
    Mundelein, IL

• 5.  RE: Salesforce and Luminate Online/LCRM Mail Merge for Thank Yous

Posted 24 days ago
    Yep, we have 4-5 variants and process TYs twice a week - it's required manual oversight to make sure we're customizing as necessary after each merge. I can't imagine what 50+ variants would be like!

Sachin Doshi
    Director of Finance and Operations
    Alexandria, VA