Discuss

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Looking for recommendations: Appointment Booking & Event Registration Online

• 1.  Looking for recommendations: Appointment Booking & Event Registration Online

Posted Nov 26, 2019 16:53
    Hello NTen Friends,

I work at a humane society, and my colleagues have challenged me to find an online appointment booking and event registration solution.  My organization wants to be able to:

• Take kids camp registrations online (we formerly did this through Blackbaud's NetCommunity, but there were a number of "glitches" we couldn't change; in the spring a colleague moved her events to MyTime and she is experiencing issues, such as payment processing)
    • Make microchip clinic appointments (where people have to pick a day and a time)
    • Birthday party registrations (with a calendar showing the available dates and times)
    • Mobile Spay / Neuter Clinic appointments (again, calendar with locations, dates and times)

Blackbaud's NetCommunity cannot do the times easily (my work-around would be to make an event for each time, but that is too labour intensive!). I would also like to be able to add in a promo code.

Anyone have any success with a product that offers this type of flexibility?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Michelle Tribe
    Manager: E-Giving & Integration
    Ottawa, ON
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Looking for recommendations: Appointment Booking & Event Registration Online

Posted Nov 26, 2019 19:04
    Hi Michelle,

The pro version of the Events Manager WordPress plugin should be able to handle everything you're looking for, provided you're OK with using PayPal or Authorize.net as the payment processor, or paying for custom programming to connect to a different processor. You may also need a bit of template development work depending on exactly what how you want to display event information, and how closely you want the event pages to match your site's look and feel.

Hope that helps,

Adam

Adam London
    https://projectdonorlove.com
    San Francisco, CA

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline