Discuss

last person joined: yesterday 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Ideas to maximize matching gifts

• 1.  Ideas to maximize matching gifts

Posted Jul 22, 2019 16:07
    Hi everyone,

We recently signed up with Double the Donation and are exploring more ways to maximize matching gifts with our donors who are eligible for them. We've implemented the plugin on a page on our website and are currently integrating it into donation forms/thank you pages. I am curious if others have had success with other ways to remind donors to request that their employer match their gift. Do you integrate this messaging into newsletters/general emails? What about social posts?

We have also recently started using Facebook fundraisers, so I'm especially interested in any recommendations you might have for getting gifts made via Facebook matched, if that is even possible.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

------------------------------
    Erin Watson
    (she/her)
    Senior Manager of Marketing
    Greater Chicago Food Depository
    Chicago, IL
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Ideas to maximize matching gifts

Posted Jul 23, 2019 10:11
    Edited by Sarah Sebastian Jul 23, 2019 10:14
    Hi Erin,

Have you added matching information into your receipts by adding a link to the dedicated matching page on your site? I've seen quite a few clients promote their matching gift programs on social media, as well!

Here's a webinar from Hannah Silvers, who works at Double the Donation, on marketing your matching program. I hope you find it useful! https://www.qgiv.com/blog/resources/hannah-silvers-market-matching-gifts-boost-bottom-line/

Sarah Sebastian
    Director of Brand Communications
    Qgiv
    Lakeland, FL

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline