Discuss

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Ask a question. Give advice. Share resources. Looking for software or hardware recommendations? Want to know how others are using text messaging in their work? Trying to find examples of IT policies? The NTEN Discuss forum is a great resource for all of the above and more! It's the general discussion list for the NTEN community, and folks all over the US (and the world) are sharing their questions, answers, and news about nonprofit technology.

Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

• 1.  Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

Posted Dec 18, 2018 13:28
    Hi everyone!

I am planning to pull several data reports from out database in Tableau and on our Joomla website. Does anyone here happen to have experience with both Tableau and Joomla? From my preliminary research, it seems a straightforward process but I wanted to ask if anyone has done something similar on their website?

Taida
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

Posted Dec 20, 2018 12:51
    Hi Taida,

Generally, in our experience, Tableau provides ways of embedding charts or visualizations for any CMS (including Joomla) that allows for embedded elements. The flexibility to do so depends on how your particular CMS was set up, and if content authors are allowed to embed third-party elements.

Here is some more information that may be helpful: https://tableau.github.io/embedding-playbook/pages/01_embedding_and_jsapi

If you find yourself stuck, Fionta provides expert Joomla support – feel free to reach out. Best of luck!

------------------------------
    Gordon Withers
    Director, Web Services
    Fionta
    Washington, DC

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

Posted Jan 07, 2019 15:32
    Hi Gordon,

Thanks so much for the recommendation and tips, the article you shared is helpful! It's great to know that your team provides support for Joomla, it's hard to find nowadays so I will keep it in mind.

Thanks again!

Kindly,
    Taida

Taida

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

Posted Dec 21, 2018 05:42
    Hi Taida,

I would also add that your success will depend on how many and how complex your visualizations are. My org recently completed a project where we embedded a series of Tableau visualizations on our Drupal website, and we ran into some difficulties with the speed in which the page loaded.

Tiffany Langston
    Nonprofit Finance Fund
    New York, NY

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: Tableau data displayed on a Joomla website

Posted Jan 07, 2019 15:28
    Hi Tiffany,

Thank you so much for that. Yes, the loading time might be tricky, and I think our reports will be simple to start. Appreciate you sharing your experience, I will keep it mind.

Kindly,
    Taida

Taida

Tech Accelerate