Drupal

last person joined: 7 days ago 

If you work in an organization using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you. If you work in a nonprofit using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you! Stuck on something? Have a question? Drupal experts are on hand to answer questions! You don't need to be a member of NTEN to participate in the monthly calls — feel free to invite colleagues and spread the word.

Google Mobile Usability errors

• 1.  Google Mobile Usability errors

Posted Apr 03, 2019 16:55
    Google's Mobile Usability report is flagging "Clickable elements too close together" on our website. It may be the default Drupal 8 menu on Bartik theme. Default functionality is used as much as possible for this website but we also want Google to be happy with it. Has anyone resolved this type of issue? Should I install a menu module like Superfish?

Screen shot of the report showing clickable elements too close error

------------------------------
    Sharon Keast
    Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc
    Portland, OR
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Google Mobile Usability errors

Posted Apr 04, 2019 09:19
    Hi Sharon, I'm not familiar with that particular warning but I'd guess you can probably solve it with a few lines of CSS, without installing any new modules. I'm not sure if you're familiar with that process though.

If you'd like input on that, if you can provide the page this is on and the particular elements on the page the warning is about, then me or someone else in the group can likely suggest the CSS change.

That's not to say you can't install more modules, and there are several out there that are very helpful for menus, including superfish, menu_block, and nice_menus. But the purpose of those would be more to give you additional functionality. If you already have your menus set up and are happy with how they're working then there's much less reason to bother with more modules, and regardless they may or may not solve the issue.

Martin

Martin Hansen
    PeaceWorks Technology Solutions
    Waterloo

Tech Accelerate