Drupal

last person joined: 7 days ago 

If you work in an organization using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you. If you work in a nonprofit using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you! Stuck on something? Have a question? Drupal experts are on hand to answer questions! You don't need to be a member of NTEN to participate in the monthly calls — feel free to invite colleagues and spread the word.

Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

• 1.  Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

Posted Apr 02, 2018 17:13
    We're also just a little more than a week out from 18NTC in New Orleans!  (Here's hoping next year's conference schedule will feature fewer conflicts -- I'm sad that I'm missing it this year.)

I've pulled together a few things from the schedule that are of particular interest to our community (with the help of the awesome participants in the March monthly call).  Something missing? Add it!

Drupal Day
    Tuesday, all day.  This full day pre-conference session features presentations, lightning talks and breakouts -- all about Drupal.

Open Session
    Thursday at 10:30am - 12:00pm in Room 270
    Hosted by our very own (very busy) @Johanna Bates, the open session is an informal chat about whatever is on our minds at the intersection between Drupal and nonprofits. It'll be kind of like our monthly call, but live! In person!

Birds of a Feather Lunches
    Eating time is Drupal time! Each day there will be a table set aside at lunch for Drupal-focused conversation. Many thanks to our gracious hosts!
    Wednesday: @Tim Nafziger
    Thursday: @Jenn Johnson
    Friday: @Anne Stefanyk
    ​​​​​​
    Sessions

There are also a bunch of sessions that either have an explicit Drupal focus or are being presented by members of our community.  This is a non-exhaustive list -- if you're presenting and we've missed you, let us know!

------------------------------
    Jess Snyder
    Senior Manager, Web Systems, Digital Media | Digital Media
    jsnyder@weta.org | 703-998-2002 | @jesseves

WETA Public Television and Classical WETA
    3939 Campbell Avenue | Arlington, VA 22206
    www.weta.org | facebook.com/wetatvfm | @wetatvfm
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

Posted Apr 02, 2018 19:54
    Thanks Jess!

Just want to add that Thursday's Open session is being co-led by Ruby Sinreich & Tim Nafziger, with help from Erin Fogel. 

Thanks to them!

I'll be psyched to see some of you at DrupalCon and the NTC. 

Safe travels!

Johanna 
    --
    Johanna Bates
    Technical Director, Principal
    Twitter: @hanabel

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

Posted Apr 03, 2018 09:00
    Looking forward to some Drupal-y good chats!

Jenn Johnson
    Director, Web Technology
    International Fund for Animal Welfare
    Yarmouth Port, MA

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

Posted Apr 03, 2018 10:27
    Thanks Jess!

We're gearing up for Drupal Day as we speak! We haven't had anyone come forward yet to offer up a lightning talk, but we will have a signup sheet at the check-in table in case anyone is inspired by events of the day or gets the urge to share a story.

Reminder: Lightning talks are 5 minutes in length (at most)! Very low stakes and low pressure situation but an opportunity to bond with the community and share your experiences.

See you all soon!
    Natania

Natania LeClerc
    Senior Digital Engagement Strategist
    ThinkShout, Inc.
    Portland, OR

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: Drupal-y Goodness at 18NTC

Posted Apr 04, 2018 13:18

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of you on Drupal Day next Tuesday as well as at the BOFs and the Drupal Open Session.

On Thursday at 1:30 pm (Room 350 - 351), I'm teaming up with two amazing engagement strategists from one of our longtime clients, Bitch Media to talk about strategy and tools for membership in a session we're calling The Two Things That Netflix and NPR Have That You Don't (and How to Get Them): Members and Money. We built their website in Drupal 7 a few years ago and have done lots of useful integrations with Salesforce for them as part of their membership program.

Their publisher, Kate Lesniak, board members Manolia Charlotin and I will be talking about how the work of drawing people into an organization isn't just a technical problem (though that's important) but also one of internal organizational culture and strategy. We'll be delving into what it means to be a geek, why that's so important for how we work together and concrete technical tools. Finally, we'll take a look at some concrete metrics of the results Bitch Media has seen over the last five years.

Tim Nafziger
    Co-Founder
    Congruity Works
    Ojai, CA

Tech Accelerate