Drupal

last person joined: 12 days ago 

If you work in an organization using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you. If you work in a nonprofit using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you! Stuck on something? Have a question? Drupal experts are on hand to answer questions! You don't need to be a member of NTEN to participate in the monthly calls — feel free to invite colleagues and spread the word.

DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

• 1.  DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

Posted Aug 16, 2018 17:01

Earlier this month, the Drupal Association made a blog post detailing some upcoming changes for DrupalCon Seattle. I recommend you read the whole post, as there's a lot of good information there.

https://www.drupal.org/association/blog/changes-coming-for-drupalcon-seattle-2019

However, I did want to particularly draw your attention to the new price structure. The Early Bird ticket price has increased to $795 -- essentially a 76% increase over last year's price of $450.

(There is a Supporting Partner Early Bird rate of $595, but that is only open to staff of organizations that have given the Drupal Association at least $2500 annually. For the month of August, they are also offering an Alumni Ticket at $550, but there are only 200 of those tickets available, and you are only eligible for that rate if you have attended DrupalCon self-funded twice or more in "recent years.")

Yesterday, I emailed the Drupal Association expressing my concerns that the price increase has made DrupalCon unaffordable for nonprofit staff and requesting a nonprofit discount on the conference fee.

If you are a nonprofit staff person -- or are a vendor who works with nonprofits -- and agree that there should be a more affordable rate for nonprofit attendees, please consider contacting the Drupal Association directly, either through email (help@drupal.org), via the DrupalCon website contact form (https://events.drupal.org/contact), in the Drupal Slack #nonprofits or #drupalcon channels, on Twitter (@drupalassoc or @drupalcon), or whatever your preferred communication channel may be.

Thanks for your help in speaking up for the nonprofit Drupal commmunity!

Jess

------------------------------
    Jess Snyder
    Senior Manager, Web Systems, Digital Media | Digital Media
    jsnyder@weta.org | 703-998-2002 | @jesseves

WETA Public Television and Classical WETA
    3939 Campbell Avenue | Arlington, VA 22206
    www.weta.org | facebook.com/wetatvfm | @wetatvfm
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

Posted Aug 16, 2018 17:42

Jess,

I concur with your concern and will take it one step further.

Not only should there be a nonprofit discount, but there are small agencies who sole work is to support nonprofits. As such, our overhead and rates are extremely low. As a community – nonprofits and vendors/consultants alike – who rely on DrupalCon for training and community, we should consider contacting the DA for a review of the new pricing.

Thank you for bringing this issue to the group.

Dori

--

Dori Kelner, MS | Managing Partner

Sleight-of-Hand Studios LLC

dmkelner@sohstudios.com | 703.758.7178 | http://www.sohstudios.com

Get Relevant. Be relevant. Stay relevant.

strategy - design - web - photography

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

Posted Aug 31, 2018 15:50
    I totally agree with both of your concerns. The new DrupalCon pricing and format are pushing me toward the NTC, which has been feeling a little more relevant for my work lately. As a developer at a nonprofit, it's getting hard to make the case for my organization to send me to DrupalCon, especially since all of the sessions are about Drupal 8. I hate to miss the Nonprofit Summit, but maybe we can replicate some of that magic at NTC Drupal Day? (And also BADcamp's Nonprofit Summit!)

Last week at GovCon, the topic of Drupal Day came up a few times as I was running into NP Drupal peeps, and I think 2019 presents a great opportunity for us to put renewed focus on that and making it better serve the needs of our community. I even spoke to a few vendors that said they would be interested in sponsoring a community-led event. I would love to help make this happen.

= Ruby

--
    Ruby Sinreich
    pronouns: she/her

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

Posted Aug 31, 2018 16:19

Ruby, I agree. I'd love to see Drupal Day at 19NTC be a bigger event encompassing the community – i.e., more nonprofits as well as small support agencies.

Dori

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: DrupalCon Seattle Pricing

Posted Sep 05, 2018 00:10
    Hey y'all-

Excited to see some talk about 19NTC starting :) I have more information to share but want to be sure folks see it separately from those that may be following this thread so this is just a reply to say I see you and I'll post a new thread specific to the precons at 19NTC momentarily!

a

Amy Sample Ward (pronouns: she/her)
    CEO, NTEN
    Portland, OR
    amy@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg

Tech Accelerate