Drupal

last person joined: 13 days ago 

If you work in an organization using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you. If you work in a nonprofit using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you! Stuck on something? Have a question? Drupal experts are on hand to answer questions! You don't need to be a member of NTEN to participate in the monthly calls — feel free to invite colleagues and spread the word.

Ektron (old and current users) to Drupal

• 1.  Ektron (old and current users) to Drupal

Posted Mar 26, 2019 18:52
    Has anyone here moved from Ektron to Drupal?  If so, are you willing to chat with me? We are current beginning the journey of web redesign and will be moving from Ektron to a new platform to be determined.  I would love to know more about your experience transferring from Ektron to Drupal, any hardships/challenges, vendor recommendations, etc.  Basically, anything you are willing to share.  Thanks!

Heidi

------------------------------
    Heidi Satter
    Director, Web Services
    Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
    Arlington, VA
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Ektron (old and current users) to Drupal

Posted Mar 27, 2019 10:43
    Good morning, Heidi. 

Did you see this? I haven't fully digested it, but it looks to be a good resource. 

The recorded webinar is here:

Thanks,

Stephen Musgrave
    Capellic LLC
    Partner
    201-380-2620

Austin / Los Angeles / New York  / San Diego
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.

Capellic, 1806 Hummock Lane, Encinitas, CA  92024

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Ektron (old and current users) to Drupal

Posted Apr 03, 2019 16:45
    We're also running an increasingly aged Ektron installation and are in the midst of a content audit to prepare for our migration to Drupal. So far our main concern has been how lax we were about how structured our content was in Ektron, which is leading us to spend a lot of time sorting into Content Types. I'm hoping this saves us time in the long run when start actually running migrations.

There's also this talk from DrupalCon Baltimore a few years ago which talks about migrations over a massive number of PDFs, which may be closer to your use case. I am definitely not the person who refers to Ektron as a garbage fire during the Q & A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw3_8LChpzc

Andy Hanson-Dvoracek
    Front End Developer
    New England Historic Genealogical Society

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Ektron (old and current users) to Drupal

Posted Apr 09, 2019 17:30
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I really appreciate it.

Heidi Satter
    Director, Web Services
    Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
    Arlington, VA

Tech Accelerate