Drupal

last person joined: 8 days ago 

If you work in an organization using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you. If you work in a nonprofit using Drupal, or you work with nonprofits using Drupal, this is the group for you! Stuck on something? Have a question? Drupal experts are on hand to answer questions! You don't need to be a member of NTEN to participate in the monthly calls — feel free to invite colleagues and spread the word.

Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

• 1.  Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

Posted Feb 28, 2018 18:47

Hi Drupal-ers,

I'm seeking recommendations.

At my org (healthcare provider professional association) we are preparing to launch a new Drupal 8 site instance for our annual meeting. This is meant to be a pilot project for us to determine if we're going to do a full update of our site on Drupal 8. Our web support vendor is a good group of people we like to work with who don't work day-to-day in Drupal. They've already done some starter work on the project and are working through discovery with us now.

I'm exploring options for contingency plans because (a) our project is very time-sensitive and (b) the non-Drupal web support vendor.

Considering starting a whole new relationship doesn't seem like it's in our best interest from a delivery timeline perspective. We're not avoiding it, but it's probably our last option.

We've done a little work with a 3rd party consultant via the web support vendor (relieves the project management and resource management burden somewhat). This "deferred management" is also of high value to us because of recent internal resource demands stretching our staff. So, while we're ok with this "consultant via the vendor" model for this project, I'd like to bring a few names to the web support vendor.

We're based in Chicago, but don't have to have a local as long as the person is understanding of working on our time zone.

I welcome your suggestions & thanks!

------------------------------
    Jessica Daniels
    Director, Technology Solutions
    American Epilepsy Society
    Chicago, IL
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

Posted Feb 28, 2018 23:17

Hi Jessica,

I'm not totally clear on your needs, but we are often brought in for Drupal support or to supplement Drupal teams. We can take the role of PM, analyst, architect or something more technical. While I would need more information in order to determine if we are a good fit for you, I'm happy to have that conversation. We are located in DC, but have past and current clients in Chicago. Please let me know if you'd like to hop on a call next week.

Warm regards,

Dori

--

Dori Kelner, MS | Managing Partner

Sleight-of-Hand Studios LLC

dmkelner@sohstudios.com | 703.758.7178 | http://www.sohstudios.com

Get Relevant. Be relevant. Stay relevant.

strategy - design - web - photography

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

Posted Mar 01, 2018 08:50
    Hi Jessica,

We are a Drupal-focused shop that is based in Chicago. We also do quite a bit of project rescue work. This isn't really a rescue project as you aren't bailing on a vendor that has failed, but the idea of coming in to support work done by another firm is not new to us. We have a process to deal with it.

Please let me know if we can be of service.

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris ODonnell
    Business Development Manager
    Promet Source
    Chicago, IL
    chris.odonnell@prometsource.com

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

Posted Mar 01, 2018 09:51

Hi Jessica- I'd be happy to talk more about your needs to see if we could a potential option for you. We specialize in Drupal 8 projects for the healthcare sector, so at a high level I believe we could be an alternative for you.

You can view our work at https://industrialagency.ca

Cheers,

Jeff.

Jeff Horne
    Founder and CEO
    Industrial Agency

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: Recommendations for Drupal 8 Project Support

Posted Mar 01, 2018 09:55
    Hey Everyone,

Just a friendly reminder that this list is for community support for people working with Drupal in nonprofits. 

Vendors/service providers: if you'd like to offer your services to someone directly, please message them backchannel.

Thanks, everyone! 

Johanna

Johanna Bates
    Technical Director, Principal
    Twitter: @hanabel

Tech Accelerate