Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: yesterday 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

cyber security incident response planning

• 1.  cyber security incident response planning

Posted Sep 25, 2018 15:26

Does anyone have a plan or a source for planning they would care to share?

--Keith

<a href=image001.png@01D44E71.339AA1F0">

Keith Berner

IT Project Manager

p:

301-312-8908

a:

4833 Rugby Avenue, Suite 400

Bethesda, Maryland, 20814

w:

www.osibeyond.com  e: kberner@osibeyond.com

<a href=image002.png@01D44E71.339AA1F0">  <a href=image003.png@01D44E71.339AA1F0">

• 2.  RE: cyber security incident response planning

Posted Sep 26, 2018 05:56
    Keith,

In the same webinar series you helped me with a couple years back (Become a Cybersecurity Ninja), I also did a session on incident response.

Here's a link to the slide deck.

I based the content for the session off the Incident Responder's Field Guide from Digital Guardian, which is still one of the best sources I've found on the subject.

More recently, I collaborated with Whole Whale on a Udemy course called "Cybersecurity for Nonprofits." You can access the entire course for free (along with anyone else on this thread) via this link: Cyberfriends.

Section 7 of the course (screenshot below) is all about Incident Response. It includes the Digital Guardian resource and some other resources as well.

------------------------------
    Joshua Peskay
    Vice President
    RoundTable Technology
    joshua@roundtabletechnology.com
    www.roundtabletechnology.com

• 3.  RE: cyber security incident response planning

Posted Sep 26, 2018 10:21
    So nice to reconnect with  you, Joshua and thanks for this brilliant stuff!

Here's a useful resource I just found (from Thycotic): Cyber Security Incident Response Plan Template | Customizable Free Tool
    Thycotic remove preview
    Cyber Security Incident Response Plan Template | Customizable Free Tool
    Thycotic's free incident response plan template is designed to prevent a cyber breach from becoming a cyber catastrophe. It helps IT operations, security and incident response teams form a united front against an attack to coordinate actions and maintain business continuity.
    View this on Thycotic >

--Keith

Keith Berner
    IT Project Manager
    OSIbeyond
    Bethesda, MD
    kberner@osibeyond.com

• 4.  RE: cyber security incident response planning

Posted Sep 27, 2018 16:32

That's a really well done course; thanks for that.

Dan.