Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 17 days ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

OneDrive consultants?

• 1.  OneDrive consultants?

Posted Dec 05, 2019 12:51
    Hi all!

We're migrating to OneDrive from a network drive.  Our organization is over 600 people with a very wide range of technical abilities.  While our tech department has no problem with the tech part of migrating, we don't have the time right now for evvvverything else.  Like thinking through the structure of OneDrive when we move over (from personal experience, I found OneDrive really confusing and I imagine it requires some expertise to set-up properly), the training, user adoption, the plan for support afterwards, etc.  I'd like to hire a consultant to help with that strategy bit so that this goes smoothly, and we don't end up with 600 people using their personal google drives afterwards :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Shubha Bala
    Director of Technology
    Center for Court Innovation
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: OneDrive consultants?

Posted Dec 06, 2019 07:14
    Hi Shubla,

Will you be utilizing onedrive for only personal document storage? Or all document storage including HR, Accounting, etc.?

K. Howard Enterprise Solutions LLC
    Kyle O'Donnell
    President
    973-866-7366
    kyle@khesolutions.com
    www.ademero.com

• 3.  RE: OneDrive consultants?

Posted Dec 30, 2019 13:09

Hey Shubha,

Onedrive/Sharepoint online is on my list for 2020, so I'm curious if you got anywhere with this.

Colin Boyle
    Sarasota, FL
    cboyle@manateecaa.org

• 4.  RE: OneDrive consultants?

Posted Dec 30, 2019 14:26
    I'm doing a lot of consulting on the topic these days. I have a whole pitch for 365 on how to best of breed their three main document storage tools (SP, OneDrive, Teams). The nutshell version is use Teams for departmental/project based work; Sharepoint as a repository for finalized work product, and OneDrive for personal docs or one-off collaboration (where it's not worth inviting someone to a Team). There are a number of reasons why you want to use all three instead of just one or two.

---
    Peter Campbell
    CIO for Hire
    Raffa, Marcum's Social Sector and Nonprofit Group
    415-845-8144