Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

19NTC Sessions

• 1.  19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 01, 2018 13:45

I know that Ken (Incident Response for Nonprofits), Dar (one on data governance and one on knowledge management), and I  (Staffing) all had Session proposals accepted.

Anyone else get sessions accepted?

------------------------------
    Colin Boyle
    Step Up Suncoast
    Sarasota, FL
    cboyle@manateecaa.org
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:01
    Colin, not sure if any one else got in, but congratulations on your Staffing proposal getting accepted.

Graham Reid
    Catholic Charities Society
    Edmonton, AB

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 03, 2018 10:05
    My tactical session on Password Managers was accepted. :-D

Stephanie Henyard
    Information Technology
    Society for College and University Planning
    www.scup.org

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 03, 2018 12:05
    Yes, I had a CRM session accepted, and I'm also speaking on Kirk Schmidt's session about development statistics.

Isaac Shalev
    http://www.sage70.com
    Stamford CT
    @Sage70
    isaac@sage70.com

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 03, 2018 17:59
    Did they notify you via email? Seems some starting getting confirmations last week but the Program page is still a little sparse :) Just curious!

Natania LeClerc
    Senior Digital Engagement Strategist
    ThinkShout, Inc.
    Portland, OR

Tech Accelerate

• 6.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

STAFF
    Posted Oct 03, 2018 19:30
    @Natania LeClerc all session notifications went out last week for the following categories: Accepted, Not Accepted and Still Being Considered.

I have a number of notifications for you (and quite a few others) that got bounced back to me because of a bad email that was connected to the proposal so will work to get those over to you :-)

In terms of the program (agenda page), there is now at least 5 session per category and I will continue to get them posted as their acceptance is confirmed. Filling in but again we will end up with roughly 25 sessions per category so expect that page to just continue to fill out.

Best,
    Ash

Ash Shepherd (pronouns: he/him)
    Education Director, NTEN
    503-272-8736
    ash@nten.org
    nten.org @NTENorg @NPTech_Ash

Tech Accelerate

• 7.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 04, 2018 16:04
    Hi Ash,

Thank you for the clarification. I personally had one team session accepted and individual tactical session not accepted. My question is, is there any way to receive feedback on what was missing in the session(s) that resulted in elimination? (I am sorry if I missed it, but the message seemed quite generic :-)). For someone like me who is a rookie applicant into this, it would be helpful so as to be able to come back next year with stronger proposals.

Medha Nanal
    Strategic Data/Database Consultant for Nonprofits (Fundraising, Operations, Programs)
    www.topcloudconsult.com
    medhananal@topcloudconsult.com

Tech Accelerate

• 8.  RE: 19NTC Sessions

Posted Oct 31, 2018 07:34

The sessions are all up.

Program

There was one proposal on implementing AGILE in your nonprofit.  Did that one not make the cut?  I really wanted to go to that.

Colin Boyle
    Step Up Suncoast
    Sarasota, FL
    cboyle@manateecaa.org

Tech Accelerate