Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Hello!

• 1.  Hello!

Posted Oct 30, 2018 18:16
    Hello Tech Decision Makers!!

My name is Tristan Penn and I am the new Community Engagement Manager with NTEN. I'm so excited to be working with you all and supporting and learning from the community members of NTEN. You can find out a little more about me 
    here.

I'm originally from Kansas (tornados and wheat fields haha) but relocated to Portland in 2014. So far, I love it. There is always something to do! The craft beer and food selection here is out of control (a far cry from the selection offered in KS)! It is very scenic in Oregon, as well. I'm still getting used to the rain, however.

I graduated from the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS with a B.S. in Psychology - Child and Family Development and worked for almost 14 years in nonprofit Youth Development with Boys & Girls Clubs in Kansas and Oregon. For those of you who are currently working in Youth Development or partnering with Youth Development Organizations, I am more than happy to provide my perspective and insight however I can. Currently, I am working on my Masters in Organizational Leadership at Colorado State University.

In my free time, I love going to the gym and lifting weights, reading, traveling, and spoiling my nephews and niece! I'm an open book, just ask!

Excited to start cultivating new connections and relationships with everyone in the Digital Communications group. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need any community related support/guidance!

Tristan!

------------------------------
    Tristan Penn (pronouns: he/him)
    Community Engagement Manager, NTEN
    503-272-8761
    tristan@nten.org
    nten.org | @NTENorg
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Hello!

Posted Oct 31, 2018 05:43
    Thanks for the awesome intro, Tristan!

The NTEN communities are like a family and many of us act like children, so your educational background should serve you well.

Best,

-JP

Joshua Peskay
    Vice President
    RoundTable Technology
    joshua@roundtabletechnology.com
    www.roundtabletechnology.com

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Hello!

Posted Oct 31, 2018 08:07