Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 17 days ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Electronic fax solutions

• 1.  Electronic fax solutions

Posted Apr 08, 2020 17:21
    Hello all,
        New to this organization and to this group.  I have a question, I am trying to move our organization away from fax machines and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for electronic fax solutions?  I would like to include mobile phone ability for this solution also.  Out team is less than 20 people and we don't send that many faxes per month.  Thanks!

------------------------------
    Darrell Thompson
    Director of Technology
    Irving, TX
    picture of work desk from home with notebook, glasses, coffee, keyboard

• 2.  RE: Electronic fax solutions

Posted Apr 09, 2020 10:32
    Hi Darrell, welcome!  This may be larger scale than you are looking for, but last year I converted my team of 25 from an on premise Avaya phone system to RingCentral, which includes office phone, web conferencing (thank goodness, these days!), fax, soft phone (phone app on any device) and mobile phone routing. I had a great account rep and was very pleased with the experience overall. Let me know if you'd like to chat more!

Annette Fowler
    Managing Director of Technology
    Denver, CO

• 3.  RE: Electronic fax solutions

Posted Apr 09, 2020 19:08
    I second the RingCentral recommendation! I've used it specifically for faxing over the years. I think it also does a voicemail to text transcription that can go to your email also. I haven't used it in an office setting in a while, so I'm sure it's much better than when I was regularly using it.

Angie Albright
    Director
    Fayetteville, AR

• 4.  RE: Electronic fax solutions

Posted Apr 10, 2020 10:11
    We use https://www.efax.com/.

We don't get a lot of faxes, but we just have them all sent to our info email account via efax and that works for us.

Fran Harrington
    @franharrington
    Director of Media and Technology
    International OCD Foundation
    Boston, MA