Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: yesterday 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Any best practices on telling staff how to respond to 4chan and other attacks?

• 1.  Any best practices on telling staff how to respond to 4chan and other attacks?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 09:37
    Dear NTEN peeps -- I work at a progressive nonprofit that occasionally criticizes the administration. Some of our staff are being targeted on their social media feeds by 4chan and other trolls, who are tracking down their home addresses and posting them.

This is possible in part because staff have shared too much public info on their social media feeds. Are there any "best practice" guides out there aimed at progressive nonprofits to help protect our staff.

I see a lot of guides about protecting your IT from hacks and malware. This is more about protecting personal digital profiles.

Thanks in advance.

Alex

------------------------------
    Alex Walker
    Washington, DC
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Any best practices on telling staff how to respond to 4chan and other attacks?

Posted Sep 26, 2018 13:48
    I helped Equality Labs with this:

I'm a very big fan of how Vision, Change, Win approaches this type of work. They're here: https://www.visionchangewin.com/ --.

Best of luck to you and your team. Feel free to reach out directly if you think that might be helpful.
    Ken Montenegro, JD
    Gender Pronouns: he/him
    Information Technology Director
    Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles

1145 Wilshire Blvd  Los Angeles, CA 90017
    T: (213) 977-7500 (213) 241-0219
    C: (323) 545-4904
    F: (213) 977-7595
    advancingjustice-la.org
    Building upon the legacy of the
    Asian Pacific American Legal Center