Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: yesterday 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Results of Encore Fellowship: Best Practices for IT for Nonprofits

• 1.  Results of Encore Fellowship: Best Practices for IT for Nonprofits

Posted Jun 05, 2018 14:46
    Edited by Dan Yurman Jun 05, 2018 14:48
    This note is cross posted by request from the Moderator at the NTEN Introductions Discussion Group.

Jun 1, 2018 12:18 AM
    BJ Wishinsky Nonprofit Digital Communications

I'm noticing a theme of transitions among our most recent Introductions: Maggi Heffler is in a new position, Dan Yurman is wrapping up an engagement, Kjerstin Wood also has a new job, and Lyndsy Morse is hanging tough through a lot of reorganization. Congratulations on your new roles, Maggi and Kjerstin and (belatedly) Lyndsy!

Dan, thanks for sharing your results, which may also be of interest to the Tech Decision Makers group.

---------
    Thanks BJ for the mention. My status report on the results of my Encore Fellowship is online as a PDF file in Slideshare.
    Please contact me if you'd like more information on any of the work I've done mentioned in it.
    BVU Encore IT Project Status Report June 2018

Posted 18 days ago
    Edited by Dan Yurman 18 days ago

Hello, I am an Encore Fellow at Business Volunteers United (BVU) in Cleveland, OH. I am finishing up a one-year engagement to improve the performance of nonprofits in the Cleveland metro area in their use of information technology to design and implement sustainable programs.

The key objectives of this project are to promote digital mastery, digital inclusion for nonprofits, and digital transformation of processes to serve communities, clients, and stakeholders. The idea is to help nonprofits with tools and methods to support the achievement of their missions. In this work I have relied on the best practices information available from NTEN, Idealware, and similar organizations as well as my own experience over course of my career as a project manager.

Here is a summary of my progress to date (July 2017-May 2018)

• Analysis of needs of nonprofits for IT best practices assistance based on a survey of 250+ nonprofits in northeast Ohio.
    • Specification of methods and definition of practice areas to provide support in IT best practices
    • Schedule, workload, and pricing analysis of selected types of IT nonprofit support services to achieve best practices
    • Business models alternatives white paper on ways to deliver IT best practices support products, services for more efficient, effective use of IT and for digital transformation of nonprofit program operations.
    • Self-scoring Technology Readiness Assessment Checklist, IT audit template
    • Selection criteria working paper for choosing nonprofit board portal software

Through the Encore program BVU has provided me with the resources and support I needed to do my work. As my Encore Fellowship comes to an end in another six weeks (1st week of July 2018), I am looking for an opportunity to continue this kind of work in the greater Cleveland, OH, area.

------------------------------
    Dan Yurman
    Macedonia, OH
    dan.yurman@usa.net
    mobile 216-369-7194

------------------------------