Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: yesterday 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Peer-to-Peer providers

• 1.  Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 01, 2018 14:59
    I figured rather than doing hours of research, I would come to the Oracles for their wisdom!  :-)  So glad to be part of this community.

We are in the midst of a potential CRM change.  Currently using Raiser's Edge 7.

At the same time, our Events department wants to set up some peer-to-peer fundraising. Our CFO doesn't want to use GoFundMe (their preferred option), so I've been tasked with finding alternatives.

Is it possible to purchase a P2P product that is standalone, i.e., you don't have to buy a CRM to get the P2P? I know it's probably not ideal, but we're looking for a stop-gap measure for the next year or so.

Can this be done? If so, who does it and does it well? And, or course, affordably...

Thanks so much.
    matt

------------------------------
    Matt Howell
    Director of Information Systems & Technical Training
    mhowell@ccojubilee.org
    CCO
    Pittsburgh, PA

• 2.  RE: Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 02, 2018 05:31
    Matt, you might be interested in checking out Classy or Donor Drive.  At NAMI, we currently use the Donor Drive platform for our peer to peer fundraising and online giving however, we are moving to Classy in early 2019.  Our NAMI Walks program uses Donor Drive across many different organizations (we are a federated nonprofit) and we will stay on Donor Drive for this program.  Both can be used standalone or you can integrate them with a CRM.

James Stewart
    NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness
    Arlington, VA

• 3.  RE: Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 03, 2018 05:41
    Thank you! I appreciate the referral.

matt

Matt Howell
    mhowell@ccojubilee.org
    CCO
    Pittsburgh, PA

• 4.  RE: Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 03, 2018 02:37
    Hi Matt,
    We offer a free, standalone peer-to-peer fundraising service, called Rise Fundraiser  . It has as comparable feature set to gofundme or Classy, but as a social enterprise ourselves, we do not charge for the standard version.  If you're interested in a demo, or more information, please don't hesitate to contact me at 425-435-2650 or japhet@round.glass

Japhet Koteen
    Sales Head (US)
    RoundGlass
    Bellevue, WA

• 5.  RE: Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 03, 2018 05:41
    Thanks! I'm just the information gatherer at this point, but I'll pass along the offer of a demo to our team.

matt

Matt Howell
    mhowell@ccojubilee.org
    CCO
    Pittsburgh, PA

• 6.  RE: Peer-to-Peer providers

Posted Oct 03, 2018 09:37
    Cathexis Partners has free guide about the various peer-to-peer tools on the home page of their website: Cathexis Partners: Making technology work for your nonprofit.
    Cathexis Partners remove preview
    Cathexis Partners: Making technology work for your nonprofit.
    Software Implementation & Support We set up and help you manage your CRM, CMS, online fundraising, and peer-to-peer fundraising solutions. Website Design & Development We design and build responsive, affordable websites that captivate your supporters. Database Management, Reporting, & Analytics We help you manage, analyze, and use your data to reach new supporters and boost fundraising.
    View this on Cathexis Partners >

Lindsey Peterson
    501Partners
    www.501partners.com
    Boston, MA