Technology Decision Makers

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

A group for those in nonprofit IT decision-making roles to connect with peers and share best practices. This Technology Decision Makers group is for nonprofit IT or MIS Directors/Managers as well as CIOs and CTOs to connect with their peers and share best practices. Topics for discussion include, but are not limited to: hardware and software management, product reviews, emerging technology, best practices, collaborating effectively with other departments, and management conundrums. Membership is restricted to IT staff at nonprofit organizations.

Security Assessment Vendor recommentations needed

• 1.  Security Assessment Vendor recommentations needed

Posted Apr 25, 2018 10:15
    Anyone have experience with vendors that do a security assessments?  I have talked to a couple, already.  My preference would be to use a vendor that will do the assessment and not have the conflict of also selling some products in the security monitoring and management space.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

------------------------------
    Brent Lamb
    Assistant VP - Information Systems
    KU Endowment Assoc
    Lawrence, KS
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Security Assessment Vendor recommentations needed

Posted Apr 26, 2018 06:05
    Brent,

Depending on the scope of the cybersecurity assessment needed, my organization might be a good fit.

If you would like to discuss you can access my schedule and book a time with me via this link: Book a 30 minute call with me

Best,

-JP

Joshua Peskay
    Vice President
    RoundTable Technology
    joshua@roundtabletechnology.com
    www.roundtabletechnology.com

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Security Assessment Vendor recommentations needed

Posted May 09, 2018 14:08
    We are doing our Security and HIPAA audits this year with a St. Louis company called AuditSolv. We've used ecfirst in the past, but it was time for a change in auditors (as well as finding AuditSolv to be a lot less expensive).

Richard Wollenberger
    Director, Information Technology & HIPAA Compliance and Security Officer
    Parents as Teachers
    St. Louis MO

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: Security Assessment Vendor recommentations needed

Posted Jun 11, 2018 12:30
    Hi Brent,

If you haven't chosen a security assessment vendor yet, I'd be happy to discuss your requirements with you. While we do provide security monitoring services, our point-in-time security assessments are completely unbiased and vendor agnostic.

If you would like to chat, feel free to reach out.

Thank you,

Chris Schoenwetter
    Team Lead, Security Services
    American Technology Services, Inc. (ATS)
    cschoenwetter@networkats.com

Tech Accelerate