Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

Mailchimp welcome email

• 1.  Mailchimp welcome email

Posted Sep 04, 2019 12:27
    Hello all

In our Mailchimp account, for each list, we have a Welcome Email that gets automatically sent to a user whenever we get a new subscriber. Currently it is set up with the following five elements:

1) Editable Logo Graphic
    2) Editable welcome text
    3) Non-editable sections that say:

4) For your records, here is a copy of the information you submitted to us:
    Email address:
    First name:
    Last name:
    Marketing permissions:

5) If at any time you wish to stop receiving our emails you can
    [UNSUBSCRIBE BUTTON]

I would like to make invisible or delete from the welcome email section 4. But I can't seem to find an easy or obvious way to do it.

Is this possible? Is it possible to completely customize Mailchimp welcome emails?

Thanks for any feedback

------------------------------
    Redante Asuncion-Reed
    Washington DC
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Mailchimp welcome email

Posted Sep 05, 2019 08:04
    Hi Redante,

I don't know all the particulars about how you have your sign up forms and welcome email set up so I'm making some assumptions here. But here is a quick screencast of what you'd need to do. It involves setting up an automated welcome email (totally customizable) vs. using the canned "send final welcome email" by default. I encourage you to send a completely customized email as it's a great opportunity to tailor a message for your new subscriber that reinforces why they signed up in the first place, where or what they can do next, and ultimately do a better job setting the stage for relationship building than the canned MC email. Hope this helps!

Lisa Mullis
    Paraphrase Communications
    lisa@paraphrasecomm.com
    paraphrasecomm.com

• 3.  RE: Mailchimp welcome email

Posted Sep 05, 2019 12:36
    Many thanks Lisa!  I really appreciate you doing the screencast to show me the step by step. This is very helpful advice and points me in the right direction. Yes, you did diagnose correctly the problem I was encountering (I was using the default Welcome email). Thanks very much. You just made my day!

Redante Asuncion-Reed
    Washington DC

• 4.  RE: Mailchimp welcome email

Posted Sep 05, 2019 12:59
    Oh, I'm so glad. I can't bear it when little tech things like this hold people up from doing the much more important work they are trying to do so I'm happy to help.

Lisa Mullis
    Paraphrase Communications
    lisa@paraphrasecomm.com
    paraphrasecomm.com