Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: yesterday 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

• 1.  FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 02, 2018 09:59
    Hi my NTEN digital comms peeps, I need your help!
    First, have you ever seen this:

FB inbox page
    Who is "Facebook User"????  Why won't it load???
    Also, the notifications tab hasn't worked for this page for 8 days, in spite of my requests to FB to fix it.
    Has anyone had this before?  Does anyone know if there's a setting I can toggle to fix it?
    Thank you!

------------------------------
    Tricia Maddrey Baker
    Social Media/Communications Manager
    Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
    Bethesda, MD

• 2.  RE: FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 03, 2018 06:45
    Usually that means the person has since deleted their  FB account. Not sure if there is another answer, but that would be my guess which would mean there is nothing you can really do.

Jill Caren
    2 Dogs Media, LLC
    jill@2dogsdesign.com

• 3.  RE: FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 03, 2018 07:09

That is what it sounds like, right? But in the "inbox" setting under the "F" for post comments, the number of comments that the screen says I have does not match with what I can see.  And I still have an error message when I try to access the "notifications" tab. 

I wonder if FB is too busy screening for fake sites to take care of its customers???

All the best,

Tricia

Tricia Maddrey Baker

Social Media and Communications Manager

AAMDSIF  (800) 747-2820 Extension 133

baker@aamds.org

#35yearsMarrowStrong

• 4.  RE: FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 03, 2018 09:01
    I've also not been able to view notifications via Facebook business manager... It's frustrating. I guess Facebook's purge of fake pages and their announcement of election interference via their platform is the cause. However, I downloaded Facebook's individual Pages app on my cell phone and was able to view notifications there.

Christopher McBriarty
    Digital Communications Manager
    Coast Guard Foundation
    Stonington, CT

• 5.  RE: FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 03, 2018 09:14

Christopher, you got my hopes up!

But alas, for our page, the Notifications aren't working there either L  same 404.

I can get them for the other page I manage, isn't that weird?

Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone, though. At least today I can open the inbox and access everything there; yesterday was bizarre on that tab.  Maybe by Monday all will be fixed?

Thanks for your help, Tricia

PS

Congrats on working for such a great organization! 

All the best,

Tricia

Tricia Maddrey Baker

Social Media and Communications Manager

AAMDSIF  (800) 747-2820 Extension 133

baker@aamds.org

#35yearsMarrowStrong

• 6.  RE: FACEBOOK weirdness, please help

Posted Aug 03, 2018 11:27
    I've also had trouble viewing our notifications off and on over the past couple weeks. Sometimes just refreshing the page has fixed it (temporarily), sometimes I have to try back in a few hours. Seems like it has been buggy like this and with the number of notifications not matching the number at the top since they started Inbox.

I've never had any luck reaching out to Facebook customer support -- anyone else?

Melissa Amarello
    Advocates for Snake Preservation
    Silver City, NM, United States
    https://www.snakes.ngo