Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: yesterday 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

• 1.  18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

Posted Nov 02, 2017 11:56

Hi folks!
    I proposed a panel called Just Keep Swimming: Surviving and Thriving as a One-Person Marcomms Shop for 18NTC and it was accepted!

Now, I need some panelists. I'm aiming for 4-5 folks and would like to get as diverse a group as possible so we can have lots of perspectives represented. So if you are employed at a nonprofit and you are a one-person shop (defining this a little bit loosely, since I know that at smaller nonprofits, we often get "unofficial" help from our coworkers), let me know if you'd like to be on the panel! erin@nten.org

gAM8u479R3y5I7S9AvOg_just-keep-swimming-RZjnV5zIT5MC4.jpg

------------------------------
    Erin Doherty
    Digital Engagement Manager
    Nonprofit Technology Network
    Portland, OR

• 2.  RE: 18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

Posted Nov 06, 2017 15:19
    Hey Erin,

Although I work closely with my ED and Development and Communications Manager, I am a one-person shop when it comes to campaigns, marketing, social media, fundraising event planning, and tons of other things within my organization. If needed, I'd be happy to be on your panel!

Thanks,
    Lanette

Lanette Rivera
    Development and Communications Associate
    Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
    LAS VEGAS, NV

• 3.  RE: 18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

Posted Jan 22, 2018 11:44
    Hello! I wanted to follow up on this discussion and see if you are still looking for panelists. I started my role as the Senior Communications Officer as a team of one and after cycling through a couple of interns faster than I'd like, only recently earned a win to have some dedicated support in a full-time communications assistant. However, when I go on maternity leave later this year, that assistant will be on his own for several months. I would love to participate in this panel if there's room!

Courtney Calvin
    Eurasia Foundation
    Washington, DC

• 4.  RE: 18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

Posted Jan 23, 2018 18:55
    Hi Courtney!
    I'm working to ensure as diverse representation as I can among the panelists, and so I'm currently looking specifically for folks of any gender who are black/African American, Asian/South Asian, or Middle Eastern/Arab, since we're currently lacking those perspectives. I don't want to assume, so please let me know if one or more of those identities applies to you. If not, I would like to keep your info on hand in case there are any changes, so feel free to send me an email at erin@nten.org.

Thanks!

Erin Doherty
    Digital Engagement Manager
    Nonprofit Technology Network
    Portland, OR

• 5.  RE: 18NTC: looking for one-person marcomms shops to be on panel

Posted Mar 19, 2018 17:29

Hi Erin,

Are you still looking for panelists? Most of our nonprofits clients tend to be female solo marketing communications professionals. I could reach out to our circle, post to social social media channels, and LinkedIn nonprofit groups if that's helpful. It looks like a very helpful event.

Chuck Spidell

ILLUSIO | Design Magic for Nonprofits & Changemakers
    503-888-1892 | illusio.com