Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

YouTube help- playlist order

• 1.  YouTube help- playlist order

Posted Aug 03, 2019 08:44
    Hi all,
    I'm hoping someone here will share their wisdom.

I've just uploaded new videos to the business YouTube Channel.
    Although they show under "playlists" they don't show on the home page.
    I have done this before, and I'd been able to figure out how to show the playlist order, as well as making it appear on the main YT page.
    Now, either I've forgotten how to get to the screen where you can change the playlist order, or YT has changed something in the past 3 months.

I have made them public. I've looked on the YT community pages.
    When I google the question, I get answers from 2013, or how to change the order of videos within a playlist.
    I can't seem to find how to make this new playlist show on the main page.

Please, can someone help me here?  PS I use Firefox for the YT editing, to keep it separate from Chrome.
    Thank you so very much! Tricia

------------------------------
    Tricia Maddrey BakerSocial Media/Communications ManagerBethesdaMD
    pronouns she/her
    Always Moving Forward
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: YouTube help- playlist order

Posted Aug 05, 2019 01:34
    I think I understand your question and just went through this process on our channel. When you're logged in:
    • Click on your avatar/profile pic in the upper right
    • Choose "Your Channel"
    • Click the blue "Customize Channel"
    There you should be able to edit what appears on your channel page for new and returning visitors. I feel like YouTube changes things everytime I'm working there, so it probably has changed in 3 months! I hope this information is what you're looking for.

Melissa Amarello
    Advocates for Snake Preservation
    Silver City, NM, United States
    https://www.snakes.ngo

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline