Nonprofit Digital Communications

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

For those doing digital strategy work, including written or multimedia content for nonprofit websites, social media, and e-newsletters. This group is for those digital communications folks who create written or multimedia content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters for nonprofits. Members will discuss topics such as social media trends, digital analytics, developing content, storytelling, planning and resources, content strategy, and more.

Zoom's Reputation

• 1.  Zoom's Reputation

Posted Mar 29, 2019 14:22

Until recently, my organization used Webex for webinars with external stakeholders (sometimes up to 100 participants). We're currently considering shifting to Zoom. Do you foresee that businesses may have a perception of this new platform being less professional than other platforms (ie. Adobe Connect, Go2Meeting, WebEx, etc.)?

------------------------------
    Jason Kazi
    Communications Manager
    Fair Labor Association
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline

• 2.  RE: Zoom's Reputation

Posted Mar 29, 2019 16:23
    At our nonprofit, we've used Webex, Adobe, Readytalk, and now Zoom. We use as much for internal meetings (we have many remote workers), as well as external meetings. We have begun using for webinars with 1,000+ registrants.

My personal take is that it's a high quality tool with fewer lag or downtime issues (not perfect though and is tied to your and your audiences internet connectivity). I find it more intuitive and easier to use than our prior tools. It is important to understand the differences between holding meetings (internal or external) with less than 100 attendees and webinars with larger numbers. They're different features and pricing and setting up the right kind before you promote or invite attendees is important (we learned that the hard way).

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005474943-Meeting-and-Webinar-Comparison

Good luck

Mario Oliveros
    Program Manager
    Benetech
    Palo Alto, CA

2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline