Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 4 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.
  • 1.  Data Visualization 101

Posted Aug 21, 2019 16:07
    Hi all,

I saw in some previous threads your desire for data visualization training at NTC in March. In response, I submitted a proposal for Data Visualization 101: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility. My co-presenter and I will guide attendees through how to wrangle their data, how the brain interprets visualizations (and why some work better than others), what tools are available, how to ask the right questions of your data, and the ethics of data visualization (how it's So Easy to manipulate the data to underscore your point).

The problem: I forgot to add the dataviz tag to my submission so it's really hard to find. You asked for it, so please read the proposal and favorite it if you'd like to see it included at NTC.

And please reach out to me directly if you'd like to learn about data visualization, analytics, or how to become a more data-driven organization!

https://www.nten.org/ntc/proposals/sessions/data-visualization-101-with-great-power-comes-great-responsibility/

------------------------------
    Ellen Peterson
    Partner
    SEJE Consulting
    ------------------------------
    2020 Nonprofit Technology Conference Logo  w/ Baltimore Skyline