Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 5 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

DPO record lookup in online form

• 1.  DPO record lookup in online form

Posted Jun 01, 2018 22:11
    My organization uses DPO, and we are hoping to use Online Forms to replace paper forms during live on air fundraising. Does anyone know anything about doing data validation in real time in forms in DPO? Specifically I would like to add the functionality for a form to lookup possible matching records based on name, address, etc. This can be done when form entries are downloaded to the database, but I would like to have this capability in a form at the time donations are being entered. This would allow us to verify duplicates with donors while they are on the phone calling in their contribution.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------------------------------
    Becky Meiers
    KBOO Community Radio
    Portland, OR
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: DPO record lookup in online form

Posted Jun 02, 2018 14:21
    Hi Becky,

I use DPO and Online Forms at our nonprofit.  I believe Online Forms functions separately from DPO, until it is time to download your gifts.  I've never come across the functionality that you are hoping for.  That being said, DPO has fantastic support so you may want to give them a call.

Lynn McNulty
    Database Manager
    The Watershed Institute
    Pennington, NJ

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: DPO record lookup in online form

Posted Jun 02, 2018 21:44
    No, this isn't something you can in DPO to the best of my knowledge.

Isaac Shalev
    http://www.sage70.com
    Stamford CT
    @Sage70
    isaac@sage70.com

Tech Accelerate

• 4.  RE: DPO record lookup in online form

Posted Jun 03, 2018 18:36
    Thank you very much for your replies! I thought this wasn't possible with DPO. I will continue to follow up with their customer support though.

Thanks!

Becky Meiers
    KBOO Community Radio
    Portland, OR

Tech Accelerate

• 5.  RE: DPO record lookup in online form

Posted Jun 04, 2018 18:09
    I received a response from DPO customer support confirming that this isn't currently possible:

"As far as for donor records (matching donor records), it is not possible to achieve. However, this is a great idea to send to the Suggest & Vote area for you and other to vote upon, to help improve this area of the program."

I submitted it to the Suggest & Vote area. Thanks again for the help!

Becky Meiers
    KBOO Community Radio
    Portland, OR

Tech Accelerate