Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 5 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Has anyone used Social Solutions - Apricot Core?

• 1.  Has anyone used Social Solutions - Apricot Core?

Posted Mar 20, 2019 19:03

Has anyone used this software for their nonprofit for case management and patient management? It's a little expensive. It's about $8,000 per year for 10 users. Would love to hear feedback from you guys. Please and thank you.

------------------------------
    BRIAN LAU
    Tech Accelerate

• 2.  RE: Has anyone used Social Solutions - Apricot Core?

Posted Mar 29, 2019 13:02
    Hi Brian, I don't have any experience with Apricot Core, however have you ever considered using a no-code / low-code platform for case / patient management? I work for one called Kintone (although there are plenty of options from which you can choose). We have customers using the Kintone platform for case management and many, many other use-cases and the Kintone price for NON PROFITS is only $300 per year, for up to 50 users.

Let me know if you have any questions, want referrals to other no-code / low-code platform alternative or if I can help support you in any way.

All the best,
    Bill

Bill Kennedy
    National Sales Director
    Kintone
    San Francisco, CA

Tech Accelerate

• 3.  RE: Has anyone used Social Solutions - Apricot Core?

Posted Mar 29, 2019 16:58
    Edited by Karintha Marshall Mar 29, 2019 17:02
    @BRIAN LAU​,

Our social service center has been using Apricot for the past 3 years,  we just upgraded to Core for renewal.

We also thought it was a bit pricey,  but it suits the nature of the workflow at our center better than the other products we looked at.  It's a little bit more flexible in terms of form design,  which was a big deal for us,  and they have a pretty active peer to peer community in their Help Portal  which has been great for talking through problem areas in system design or workflow processes.

Their documentation on configuring and using the system (the Knowledgebase)  can seem overwhleming but is very thorough,  so you're not heavily reliant on the vendor for training and setup of things.  We had some perfomance issues with the hosting side of it in the first 18 months but it's been hassle free since then.

If we were going to switch we would have probably gone with Penelope or CaseWorthy.  But they are both more expensive than Apricot.

If you'd like to chat more or have other questions,  feel free to message me.

Karintha Marshall
    Business Systems Liaison
    Wilshire Boulevard Temple

Tech Accelerate