Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 8 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Is anyone using Workato?

• 1.  Is anyone using Workato?

Posted Oct 18, 2018 19:15
    I'm considering Workato to integrate Salesforce and Sage Intacct. Does anyone have experience using Workato for this purpose? Any feedback, tips, etc?

General feedback about Workato is also welcome. Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Joshua Decell
    Brilliant Corners
    San Francisco, CA

• 2.  RE: Is anyone using Workato?

Posted Oct 19, 2018 12:18
    I've used Workato in the past, and similar so-called web based middleware systems for integration, between Salesforce and other systems but not between Salesforce and Sage Intacct.

Not sure exactly what type of feedback you are seeking, however, the main crux of your project will be to identify the level of account integration you seek. Here are some of my observations:

• Chances are, once the integration is active, you will begin to see a lot more data get stored in your databases, depending on how the integration is set up, and your storage consumption will grow. You will need to decide whether you should clean up your stale data regularly, either by removing it or moving to cheaper storage, etc.
    • Most such connections also have a monthly subscription fee regardless of how little data you pass between, therefore you need to bear that recurring cost in mind.

That aside, I thought that Workato was quite a satisfactory system -- at least for the purposes that I used it for.

Medha Nanal
    Strategic Data/Database Consultant for Nonprofits (Fundraising, Operations, Programs)
    www.topcloudconsult.com
    medhananal@topcloudconsult.com

• 3.  RE: Is anyone using Workato?

Posted Oct 19, 2018 14:04
    Thanks for asking this question Joshua. I'm also looking at Workato - to connect Salesforce and NetSuite. Also interested in feedback from others on Workato especially as using it with Salesforce and finance systems.

Kai
    --
    Kai Williams
    Executive Director

The International Wildlife Rehabilitation Council

PO Box 3197
    Eugene, OR 97403

Phone 866.871.1869
    Fax 408.876.6153
    director@theiwrc.org

• 4.  RE: Is anyone using Workato?

Posted Oct 19, 2018 17:35
    Great topic! My org is going to start using Sage Intacct in 2019. We have a staged plan, where only after we're up and running on Intacct, we'll figure out what we want out of a Salesforce integration and how to best build it.

I haven't used Workato, but we are heavy Zapier users. Workato looks like it might be a more advanced product, closer to a real integration?

Emilio Arocho
    Director, Technology and Digital Strategy
    Food and Drug Law Institute

Community Organizer, NTEN Nonprofits and Data group.