Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 8 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

• 1.  Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Jul 31, 2018 10:49
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to submit a proposal for a session about using CRM for program management. So many CRM sessions are about marketing and fundraising, but we all know how valuable CRM can be for managing program functions.

At my organization we successfully use Salesforce for almost all aspect of managing our programs, and I'm confident that I can put together a good proposal on this topic. I'm less confident that I'll be able to find 2 or 3 other people to participate in the session. I want to make sure that I have at least one partner in this endeavor before I go ahead and write/submit a proposal. I want to make sure that some diversity of usage is represented. This can be platform-agnostic, or Salesforce-specific.

Anyone out there want to join me, or know someone who might want to join me?

------------------------------
    Leah Kopperman
    leah@keshetonline.org
    Director, Data & Digital Engagement
    Pronouns: she/her/hers

Defend transgender equality in MA: Vote Yes on 3!
    Join the coalition with Keshet and Freedom for All Massachusetts to uphold dignity and respect for transgender people #YesOn3 http://bit.ly/yeson3

KESHET
    New York Office
    601 W. 26th Street, Suite 325
    New York, NY 10001
    P: 646.828.9246
    F: 617.524.9229
    www.keshetonline.org

• 2.  RE: Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Aug 01, 2018 08:21
    Hi Leah! If we were able to do the session on March 14th or 15th I'd love to be involved!

I actually started creating a program-centric CRM in-house at The Fresh Air Fund (www.freshair.org) about 9 years ago, when using Salesforce wasn't much of an option, and more recently this project spawned a new program-centric CRM for nonprofits called Simply360 (www.simply360.org). The team at The Fresh Air Fund created Simply360 because all of our nonprofit partners kept asking if they could use our in-house CRM - and I kept telling them not to create their own in-house solutions (because it's a headache)!

So, if you'd like to include someone who's sat on both sides of the table - needing a program CRM and building one for others to use - I'd really enjoy helping you with the session. Also might be nice to provide a little balance at what is generally a very Salesforce-heavy event. (For the record, I'm definitely pro-Salesforce, but find that implementing it for programs is too big and costly of a project for many smaller nonprofits.)

Best,

Jake

ps love the work of your org :-)

Jake Grinsted
    Simply360 / The Fresh Air Fund
    New York, NY

Simply360.org

• 3.  RE: Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Aug 01, 2018 13:11
    Hi Jake,

Thanks for your response. I'm going to email you directly about this.

Everyone else: if you're still interested, please let me know!!

Leah Kopperman
    leah@keshetonline.org
    Director, Data & Digital Engagement

Join the coalition with Keshet and Freedom for All Massachusetts to uphold dignity and respect for transgender people #YesOn3 http://bit.ly/yeson3

KESHET
    New York Office
    New York, NY 10001
    www.keshetonline.org

• 4.  RE: Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Aug 01, 2018 18:27
    I'm interested. We use SF programmatically too and really find the CRM an integral part of our success.

Kai Williams
    Executive Director
    The IWRC
    Eugene, OR

• 5.  RE: Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Aug 09, 2018 13:04
    Hi Kai!

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I didn't post this with the best timing, as I've been on vacation (camping on Cape Cod) for the last week. I'm out of the woods now, though, and will be working on the proposal tomorrow. I'd love to have you join us (if you're still interested), and I will email you separately about it.

Thanks.

Leah Kopperman
    leah@keshetonline.org
    Director, Data & CRM

KESHET
    New York Office
    New York, NY 10001
    www.keshetonline.org

• 6.  RE: Interest in working with me on a #19NTC session proposal

Posted Aug 09, 2018 16:30
    Hi Leah,
    I am definitely interested in this topic and encourage you to move forward. I am at a community foundation and am hoping to get the organization to expand our Salesforce based CRM tool to for our programs department. If it is helpful to have a perspective from a CRM beginner, I would be happy to work with you.

Thanks,
    Diana

Diana Rojek-Skonnord
    Donor Services Associate
    East Bay Community Foundation