Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 8 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Save the Date: Community Call on KPIs and Metrics, October 11th

• 1.  Save the Date: Community Call on KPIs and Metrics, October 11th

Posted Sep 13, 2018 09:15
    Hello everyone!  It has been too long since we have had a chance to talk in real time.  (Yes, summer and NTC session excitement and all...)

We are excited to share that we will be having a Data Community Call next month on KPIs and Metrics!

• When: October 11, 2018 @ 11 AM Pacific/12 PM Mountain/1 PM Central/2 PM Eastern
    • Where: Online conference room/conference call (Register for access details)
    Though you may not use the exact term, key performance indicators (KPIs) are the measurable values an organization uses to evaluate its progress towards achieving major objectives. For nonprofit organizations, this may include metrics summarizing financial health, program delivery, and impact.

We'll discuss questions:

• What's your nonprofit's process for selecting KPIs? Are they established and tracked at the very top, or does each team define its most vital metrics and have its own process for evaluating them?
    • How often do you check KPIs? Do you have examples of how they drive decision-making or change?
    • Are KPIs tracked in your CRM/ERM software, outside data sources, or some combination?
    • What impact do KPIs have on your nonprofit's budgeting process?
    • Are there any recent initiatives your nonprofit has undergone in order to establish or improve KPI reporting?
    Register here for a nifty calendar reminder with the online conference room/dial-in information.

Our community calls are free and open to all, so feel free to share with colleagues and others who may be interested.

Hope you'll join us!

------------------------------
    Janice Chan
    Co-Organizer, NTEN Nonprofits and Data group
    Writer, Wethos
    SH/FT+SCAFFOLD
    Baltimore, MD
    Twitter: @curiositybone

• 2.  RE: Save the Date: Community Call on KPIs and Metrics, October 11th

Posted Sep 17, 2018 15:11

Maybe I'm missing an obvious link here, but when I follow those links to register, I get a handy page with lots of info, but no place to actually register.

Help?

Amy

Amy Greenwood
    Director of Operations & Data
    Urban Assembly
    New York, NY

• 3.  RE: Save the Date: Community Call on KPIs and Metrics, October 11th

Posted Sep 18, 2018 08:27
    Thanks, Amy (and Judy and Colin) for alerting me to that.  It appears I may have remembered things incorrectly as it had been a while and so I misspoke.

While you've not previously needed to register for community events, I thought it was an option and I was mistaken.  All the info you need to access the call is in the event listing (there's no PIN for the conference line).  We will send out a e-mail reminder a couple weeks before the event and I think we should be able to attach a calendar invitation to the e-mail, but the info in the event listing will suffice for joining in and so will also work even if you share it with a colleague who isn't yet part of this group.

Hope that answers all the questions and my apologies for the confusion!

Janice Chan
    Co-Organizer, NTEN Nonprofits and Data group
    Writer, Wethos
    SH/FT+SCAFFOLD
    Baltimore, MD
    Twitter: @curiositybone