Nonprofits and Data

last person joined: 2 days ago 

This group is for those interested in learning and sharing about all things data-related for nonprofits. The Nonprofits and Data group is for people using data to serve a mission, either directly or by improving nonprofits and the nonprofit sector. That includes everything from collecting data and managing databases to analytics, data visualization and data mining. Here are some examples of topics we discuss: using data to improve organizational effectiveness, measuring impact, using data for storytelling, tools for data management and analysis, figuring out the “right” data to collect, and learning skills to help us use data better.

Looking for partners for #19NTC Proposal

• 1.  Looking for partners for #19NTC Proposal

Posted Aug 15, 2018 15:52
    Fellow data geeks,

I'd like to do a proposal for next years NTEN conference to talk about strategies and tools to use to think through your data model before migrating to a new data system. The focus would be on program data, with an emphasis on how to look at the data you are currently collecting, assess what you need to keep and what data you need to let go of, and how to make sure your new system will hold all the data you need, but no more.

We are a data consulting firm with 15 years of experience helping nonprofits with their Key Performance Indicators, figuring out the right ones, developing systems for collecting the information, and building data system to store and report out on the information. We can talk about the best practices, and would love to partner with a couple of nonprofits to talk about how it actually works on the ground, what works, what often trips people up, etc. We know from working with clients, but I'd like partners to talk about their experiences first hand.

PM me or email me at taj@inciter.io if you are interested.

Taj Carson

------------------------------
    Taj Carson
    CEO
    Inciter, Inc
    Baltimore, MD
    taj@inciter.io
    ------------------------------
    Tech Accelerate